Cant change default pdf reader

pr3miumi

Members
Sep 20, 2022
Hi. I've always had problems with pdf files on my 10t pro but I hope someone can help me.

When I try to open a pdf it tries to open it using the mi browser. Next to the mi browser button is the button "more" with three dots but when I press it it tries to open the file using printing service or something and doesnt offer more apps to choose from.

I used to be able to choose from many different apps but now I'm stuck.

Hello, I have the 12T Pro and this checkbox to set the default PDF viewer does not appear. You have to select it every time in the pop up window. Does anyone know a solution?

Hi, I have also problems with pdf files on my 10t pro.
When I am trying to open PDF files from Gmail it opens tham in Mi Browser and there is no other options for others apps, exept those three dots that opens printing services. Sho i was trying with uninstaling Mi browser it did not work so i made printing services to be default by mistake. Now all pdf's opens in printing services :(.

Someone please help me how to make it back as it was.

Thanks.

I have mi 11T pro. The same issue. Additionaly I have issue with dark mode. I am starting to have enough MIUI.

Edit:
I uninstalled the Mi browser and I got back posibility to choose apropriate app. In my case problem solved. Ufff

Last edited:
Here is what helped for me:
- Uninstall Mi document viewer

Go to settings, apps, then manage apps. Find Mi document viewer then click uninstall. Make sure you then have an alternative document viewer installed that you now will work.

If you can't find Mi document viewer in the manage app section, then follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings, apps, permissions, permissions, files and media.

2. Search for Mi document viewer and then click "don't allow" under "files and media access for this app".

3. Try to open a pdf file. It will then ask you to "allow" Mi document viewer where you again click "don't allow".

4. It should then tell you to allow the app storage access and give you an option to click on "settings".

5. Click "settings" and it should take you to the settings of Mi document viewer.

6. Click uninstall.

I hope this works for you.

Reactions: jorgeramos68
Here is what helped for me:
- Uninstall Mi document viewer

Go to settings, apps, then manage apps. Find Mi document viewer then click uninstall. Make sure you then have an alternative document viewer installed that you now will work.

If you can't find Mi document viewer in the manage app section, then follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings, apps, permissions, permissions, files and media.

2. Search for Mi document viewer and then click "don't allow" under "files and media access for this app".

3. Try to open a pdf file. It will then ask you to "allow" Mi document viewer where you again click "don't allow".

4. It should then tell you to allow the app storage access and give you an option to click on "settings".

5. Click "settings" and it should take you to the settings of Mi document viewer.

6. Click uninstall.

I hope this works for you.
I just registered to thank you, this was driving me crazy for the longest time, your method worked perfectly and solved the issue on my Redmi note 8 pro.