Invalid Cant disable dark mode in apps anymore

michelleDeko

Members
Jun 16, 2021
Hello, since I updated from MIUI 12.5.20 to MIUI 13.0.5 on my MI 11 Pro, I dont see apps anymore in the "more dark mode options" menu.

Attachments

• 1641643348433.jpg
    1641643348433.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 438
So I now need to live with a non-working force dark mode which I cant disable without disabling the Dark Mode?
See the sticky post:
[ DON'T REPORT THESE TO US ]
* Dark/Night mode: Do NOT report ANY issues regarding this! This feature is officially under development and is not fully stable! We have no control over how it behaves and how it looks! Dark mode on Android Nougat and Oreo does NOT apply to the Settings app. Nothing to be done about it. If Dark mode switches on by itself, it is caused by apps with in-app Dark mode, like Google Messages.

Reactions: katerpanne
The forced dark mode is managed by Xiaomi now. The dev team no longer patches that.

If the apps you have are on the list managed by Xiaomi, they should show up there.
If not, check the individual app settings and disable dark mode from there

Reactions: katerpanne
The only thing I can find is system/etc/ForceDarkAppSettings.json but it doesnt exist on my phone. There is no system folder and no etc folder.
Obviously, you need root to access that.

So I now need to live with a non-working force dark mode which I cant disable without disabling the Dark Mode?
Well, yes. Your other options is: complaining to Xiaomi that their list of apps doesn't have your app.
Also: using some older Global ROM, maybe you get lucky.

Hi @Igor Eisberg in a post where asked about dark mode in MIUI 13 you wrote "previously we were patching this screen to show all non-system apps". I'd like to make a magisk module for myself to get the same behaviour. Can you tell me what was the patch about so I can try making this module?
I read that there's the ForceDarkAppSettings file, but it requires listing all the installed apps.
Thx

Hi @Igor Eisberg in a post where asked about dark mode in MIUI 13 you wrote "previously we were patching this screen to show all non-system apps". I'd like to make a magisk module for myself to get the same behaviour. Can you tell me what was the patch about so I can try making this module?
I read that there's the ForceDarkAppSettings file, but it requires listing all the installed apps.
Thx
We don't disclose our patches, be it past, present or future...

Reactions: biscoot
The forced dark mode is managed by Xiaomi now. The dev team no longer patches that.

If the apps you have are on the list managed by Xiaomi, they should show up there.
If not, check the individual app settings and disable dark mode from there
I tried turning off dark mode in the app and the app is still dark because of MIUI. The phone is unusable. When I turn on dark mode in MIUI and turn off dark mode in 3rd party apps, the app is still in dark mode. I also have dark (blacker) photos. It's horrible. How to turn off dark mode in 3rd party apps?