can't download apps from google play trough 3g

thugzie

Members
Feb 29, 2012
Hey,
recently I cannot download apps from google play trough 3g connection.. it says WAITING FOR WIFI.. EVEN if I uncheck "download only trough wifi" - it is still waiting for Wifi.. (and app size is for example 2mb - so it is not so big) all other data hungry apps are working normally (FB, Gmail etc)
how can I fix this?
thanks!
PS: i'm on latest miui.

I had same problem not long time ago. Please check if you have any apps waiting/trying to update. go to google play -> settings -> my apps. There could be some app trying to update automatically. If there is cancel that. I for example had to manually update google maps first and after that everthing worked as they should. I still don't have any proper way to fix this.

Have you been able to fix this ? I am encountering the same issue, and it is quite frustrating.
I tried to clear cache/data for Google Play and Download Manager, reboot and reconnect. I also cancelled any pending download.
None of these attempts worked.
Any other ideas ?

I am working around that right now by downloading my apps from my PC, but I'd love to have this fixed, anyway. Thanks.

Hey Roland! Did you happen to have any google software pending to update? As it helped for me to update google maps first and after that it was smooth sailing. It was very weird that it helped, but I tried same procedures as you and they did not help at all.

Reactions: dchunchukov
Can you please go to Downloads, settings and change the data limit to biggest value. I got the same problem and was fixed that way.

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: thugzie
Can you please go to Downloads, settings and change the data limit to biggest value. I got the same problem and was fixed that way.

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk 4

That solved it thaaank youuuu :)

Wysłane z mojego MI 2S za pomocą Tapatalk 4

Hey, @darkcomputer and @TuoppieKake, much thanks. Problem is now solved!
Well, all I had to do was editing the data limit in the settings. The highest value was 10 Mo (I chose it), but strangely I can now download any app (no matter what the size is) using mobile data. :)