Can't Start Twrp (mi Max 3/64gb)

Marton Szigeti

Members
Sep 3, 2016
Hi!

So i bought this phone and installed the latest chinese developer version for starters with MiFlash. I got the ROM from en.miui.com. Now that i got my confirmation from Xiaomi to unlock the bootloader, i did it succesfully. Then i installed TWRP (accidentally installed hydrogen first, then helium, but there were no error messages whatsoever).

So now that i'm ready to install the Xiaomi.eu ROM through TWRP, i can't start it. When i hold the up volume and power, this logo appears, like it wants me to connect it to the computer, but when i do, still nothing happens. The phone works great with the chinese developer, it doesn't seem like i screwed anything up, but i just can't start TWRP. The fastboot console recognizes the device, the bootloader is open and stuff like that, so everything seems fine. I would really appreciate your help.

Edit: Since i'm new, i cannot post a link or picture. It shows the phone and a cable, which is not connected to the phone. When i plug it into the phone, the graphic switch to plugged. I guess you
know that i mean.

Edit2: I forgot to mention this and i don't know whether it means something or not, but the fastboot console doesn't recognize the command fastboot boot recovery, if i want to restart it from the console. So maybe it doesn't recognize TWRP at all (?).

Thanks!

-Martin

Last edited:
Hi Martin

Just to be curious, how did you install twrp?

Did you read doomslaysers manual?

I did follow all steps, downloaded twrp, then started up my mi max pro and entered recovery (via update function, there are 3 buttons, tip on them, then enter recovery and then you are into twrp. I did not unlock nor root my mi note pro at all.

Good luck, tell us, what happened.

Cheers, Lati

Do you mean you installed twrp app?
If that is the case, you still need to do some more steps. Like enable root access from permission app and give root permission to twrp app. Then download recovery from the app. And make sure you have supersu zip file or patched boot.img otherwise after recovery device won't boot due to dm verity....

But you have done twrp recovery from fastboot... And still can't go into the recovery mode.. I'm not sure..

Anybody know other way to go twrp mode?
Now I only know go to twrp mode by connect to PC. I want to go twrp mode in Mi Max directly.