Can't sync files in Google Drive using DriveSync Pro app

CrazyId

Members
Sep 3, 2018
Phone: Mi Max3
Xiaomi.eu: 8.8.9 and 8.8.30 (weekly)

I'm using DriveSync Pro app to sync Google Drive files with Mi Max 3 memory.

It's possible to sync files in internal memory.
But It's impossible to sync in external memory.
It stops 99% in progress.

DriveSync Pro app works well in my another phone (Redmi 5 plus) regardless of internal or external memroy.

Developer of the app told me the following...

> The SD card subsystem on this phone is broken. You can't sync folders on the SD card until Xiaomi issues an update to fix their bug.
> Your device can write to the SD card, sort of. DriveSync asks the system to save the new file.
> It immediately checks if the file has been saved by looking at its size. In your case the size of the new file is 0.
> The other apps do not do this verification.

Is it Xiaomi.EU bug?

I have the same problem with my Mi Max 3. Writing to SD card is only possible with the installed apps. Writing with apps from the Playstore like Onesync, ES Explorer etc. is not possible or files with 0 bytes are written.
These are then neither readable nor erasable.
Strangely enough, after a restart or after ejecting and re-integrating the sd card, the files are displayed with the correct size and are then readable.

The search in several forums showed that this is somehow due to Android 8.

Mi MAX 3 Global Rom

Translated by Deepl

I have another Xiaomi Phone (redmi 5+)

The phone's version is same as Android 8.1 and MIUI Global 10.0.2.
But the phone is possible writing to external sd card and works well on DriveSync app.

If this problem is Android 8, why do not have other Xiaomi phones same problem also?

Last edited:
Hey I'm having the same issue. Drivesync pro error report bad size 0 for every file. Is there a fix already?

Yes. It fixed at MIUI 10.2 - 8.11.22 to upgrade Android 9.0. As he say, the cause is andriod.

I'm still having the same problem after updating to miu 10.2. I'm still on Android 8.1. How you get 9? What is 8.11.22?