Can't update HyperOS

evgenivasev

Members
Mar 24, 2023
Hi, i have a problem and don`t know what to do.
My phone is Xiaomi 13 pro. I used it for a whole year with Android miui 14. I did the updates through TWRP. That's how I installed the first version of Hyper OS. However, now I can no longer install the new updates either through TWRP or Fastboot. TWRP doesn't read the data on the phone and I can't get to the folder where the update was downloaded. Fastoob says "waiting to device" and nothing else happens.
What should I do?
Thanks in advance to those who responded!

If you can still boot, boot and make sure you have pin set for screen lock. Boot to twrp and put pin in and you should be able to decrypt and see update file.
I had this sometimes even with screen lock pin and just a couple of reboots to twrp until it asked for pin and then I was ok.
For fastboot, make sure you have debugging on. Check the cable is working ok, check right driver's are loaded. Hope this helps in some way, I am not trying to teach you to suck eggs, sometimes a little nudge helps.

Thank you for the information.
Yeah i have a pin set for screen lock. Today i was restarting and booting the phone at least 30 times. Never ask me for pin like before.

You need to install/update TWRP for android 14: twrp-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-nuwa-skkk.img

If your PC does not detect the fastboot connection, you need to install the drivers:
Install Tools and Drivers
- install USB drivers & adb and fastboot tools (Windows 10)
- install SDK Platform Tools (Windows 10 & 11 / Mac / Linux)
- install xiaomi drivers (sometimes necessary)
-> a small [howto] if you have driver issues

Reactions: darki
Thank you for the information.
I've tried several times, but I can't get it to work with any of the options listed. To me it's like higher mathematics that I don't understand.
Is there a way to go back to MIUI 14 where absolutely everything was working perfectly?

As I told you already via PM:

Download TWRP file and leave it in download folder.
Then TWRP -> Install -> Switch to "Install image"

Second option would be fastboot.

Enable USB debugging, go into fastboot mode and run these commands. Before rename TWRP file to recovery.img

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery

You can't go wrong with the first option. If it's too hard, please don't use custom ROM.