Careful, Official Ota Update (29th May) Is A Downgrade!

rattensuppe

Members
Jul 11, 2014
Hey fellow Xiaomi Users,

today I received an update notification for my Redmi Note 5 Global Edition (was on 9.5.6 stable).

Unfortunately I didn't check the version and installed the update only to be greeted with a google error message AFTER the installation that my data is corrupted and I need to factory-reset my device.

Luckily my device is unlocked and I was able to re-install TWRP. while saving my data through TWRPs MTP connection I noticed the filename of the update in the downloaded_rom folder:

miui_WHYREDGlobal_V9.2.13.0.NEIMIEK_2c4578fa45_7.1

So this is MIUI v9.2.13 on Android 7.1 !

In case you're receiving a similar update notification, be careful what you're installing.

In the end I was able to flash 9.5.6. through TWRP and everything went back to normal.

Last edited:
Hey fellow Xiaomi Users,

today I received an update notification for my Redmi Note 5 Global Edition (was on 9.5.6 stable).

Unfortunately I didn't check the version and installed the update only to be greeted with a google error message AFTER the installation that my data is corrupted and I need to factory-reset my device.

Luckily my device is unlocked and I was able to re-install TWRP. while saving my data through TWRPs MTP connection I noticed the filename of the update in the downloaded_rom folder:

miui_WHYREDGlobal_V9.2.13.0.NEIMIEK_2c4578fa45_7.1

So this is MIUI v9.2.13 on Android 7.1 !

In case you're receiving a similar update notification, be careful what you're installing.

I was able to flash 9.5.6. through TWRP and everything went back to normal.

Thank you for your feedback ! :)