How does the updater app work with TWRP?

xiaonoob

Members
Apr 8, 2022
Hi.

I installed twrp-3.7.0_12-v8.2t1_A14-houji-skkk.img into a Xiaomi 14 (houji) device using the
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img
command. Then, using TWRP I installed file
Code:
xiaomi.eu_multi_HOUJI_OS1.0.23.12.9.DEV_os1-14.zip
. Seeing there was an update I wanted to try the app updater, since I wanted to check how OTA works. Downloaded
Code:
xiaomi.eu_multi_HOUJI_OS1.0.23.12.26.DEV_os1-14.zip
on the device, used the option to select a local package and confirmed the installation. After a reboot into TWRP I got a question to enter my password, but it would not unlock the phone:

IMG_20231230_173142-IMG_20231230_173146.jpg

So I booted into sytem again, removed the password (which wiped fingerprint data) and tried the package again. This time the screen halted with the standard menu. If I select the Install button it shows me a filesystem which I don't recognise from MIUI and is probably TWRP's partition:

IMG_20231230_174903-IMG_20231230_175109.jpg

The ROM installation instructions through Updater app don't mention having to fiddle with any TWRP dialogs, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I could update from a PC with fastboot, but I was very interested in trying the OTA/updater app. Are OTA updates only available for stable roms?

Ok, reading again the images I posted myself, I checked in twrp the directory /data/media and found a zip but… that's the old/first one I installed. It looks like the updater app is not able to copy xiaomi.eu_multi_HOUJI_OS1.0.23.12.26.DEV_os1-14.zip to the twrp partition, or twrp is not able to mount system and find it.

IMG_20231230_182125.jpg

Same here, twrp can't decrypt data even if the pattern is correct or switching to PIN. You can use OTG to flash the new image or in fastboot with the update command.

Same here, twrp can't decrypt data even if the pattern is correct or switching to PIN. You can use OTG to flash the new image or in fastboot with the update command.
Please could you tell us command for update?

Just download the xiaomi.eu zip for your device, extract it to a folder and double click on the update bat, there are variants for windows,linux and mac os. Use the update and not first install and format one.

how you flash twrp on mi14?

my xiaomi 14 runs chinese rom and it has recovery partition, and commend "fastboot flash recovery_ab"worked when i flash twrp

so when i switch to hyperOS.eu after stable version is released, i thought that command might be useful too. But i failed. TWRP showed for a while and auto back to fastboot.

And when i look through images of hyperOS.eu, i found that there are vendor_boot.img but no recovery.img, so it doesnt have recovery partition? Am i right?

And whats the correct command i should type? "fastboot flash vendor_boot_ab"?

Do not spam. You have already received the answer.
To install TWRP, you use the command:
Code:

Do not spam. You have already received the answer.
To install TWRP, you use the command:
Code:
I have 14 pro, bootloader unlock, installed TWRP but data is not decrypt, any solutions?

If your TWRP can't decrypt it's a problem with your TWRP version.
You have to do the update using the fastboot method or use USB-OTG.

If your TWRP can't decrypt it's a problem with your TWRP version.
You have to do the update using the fastboot method or use USB-OTG.
twrp-3.7.0_12-v8.3_A14-shennong-skkk.img, I am using the latest version, TWRP update date is 14 Jan 2024

But this does not mean that this TWRP can decrypt the data partition for your model.