Caught in the twilight zone

tooden

Members
Feb 23, 2011
hi all i am writing this plea for Help in desperation,
after installing 1.9.2 a couple of weeks ago i found that i was unable to get superuser permission in terminal emulator subsequently root checker told me i didn't have root access though i am able to install and upgrade miui upgrades and currently running 1.9.16
successfully .
The problem is i am unable to connect wirelessly to the internet or use a2sd to install my apps.
i have tried to unsuccessfully to use unrevoked to re-route and have also tried unsuccessfully to un-root so i seem to be stuck inbetween in the TWILIGHT ZONE.

any suggestions or advice URGENTLY appreciated.. Many Thanks in Advance...Tooden.

Many thanks for the prompt reply unfortunately i have previously done that and terminal emulater still permission denied

it would be useful if anyone is able to point me in the direction of a reliable un-root procedure or clean system wipe or similar so that once i am back to stock i can restart the root procedure

You've probably done this but its just my 2cents. You probably have 2 super user icons. Might change depending on your theme, but, mine is the green one (buit in MIUI superuser icon).
Once its open. Press the menu button on your phone, this brings up a pannel with 1 choice "settings"
Inside, is the master toggle on/off for Root permissions for the phone. Its some what hidden and I feel people could be missing it.

once again many thanks for responding but i have checked that and it already is checked for root permission
i have a feeling my baby grandson has pressed the RETURN TO FACTORY SETTINGS tab as my son tells me he was playing with the phone
b4 this problem.
i have been using miui since november last year and love it but now i,m stuck with a phone that i cant do much more than phone or text
i cant go back to stock because htc sync won't recognise the phone so cant unroot and simiarly unrevoked wont recognise phone to re-root its just so frustrating every thing i try just wont work

once again many thanks for responding but i have checked that and it already is checked for root permission
i have a feeling my baby grandson has pressed the RETURN TO FACTORY SETTINGS tab as my son tells me he was playing with the phone
b4 this problem.
i have been using miui since november last year and love it but now i,m stuck with a phone that i cant do much more than phone or text
i cant go back to stock because htc sync won't recognise the phone so cant unroot and simiarly unrevoked wont recognise phone to re-root its just so frustrating every thing i try just wont work

Probably a stupid idea here......... but why not try wiping everything three times, including dalvik, and then flash the latest cyanogenmod nightly (I think 177 is the latest) and see if you get superuser access. At least that should help clarify the problem somewhat. Just a thought, in any case good luck.

many thanks to all who helped i have managed to fix the problem by installing un-installing htc sync loading stock Bravo RUU then using NEW alpha rev unrevoked Revolutionary s-off ,
phew what a relief after 2 weeks on hair tearing now got my phone and wifi back YIPPEE !! once again HUGE thanks to you all