Cellular issue with mi10 ultra

Ibrahim bahakim

Members
Dec 13, 2020
Hello guys good morning/afternoon. I have an issue I never faced with any phone before.
When I am in a call with a sim card, the other sim can not receive sms.. Is there any option I can enable that?
Or is it an issue with the phone itself.?

Hello guys good morning/afternoon. I have an issue I never faced with any phone before.
When I am in a call with a sim card, the other sim can not receive sms.. Is there any option I can enable that?
Or is it an issue with the phone itself.?
It is dual standby dual sim phone. If one sim is in use, the other isn't, so cannot receive a call or SMS. Only one sim card can be in use at any one time.

No its not terrible, it is what most dual sims are. I haven't seen a dual active since my old eten phone. You can select the option to always recieve MMS and that then uses IP data. SMS messages just come through when you are not using (talking) the phone. How would you know a text is late? You wouldn't read it while on a call? So its not an issue really. For calls, I forward my calls to each other if busy, so they just get an engeged tone and no one know any difference. Never let it put you off but take a look and see if you can find any real dual active dual sim phones? They would need two radio systems in each phone and two full arieals also and you cant answer 2 calls at the same time anyway from two sims.

Reactions: Ibrahim bahakim
No its not terrible, it is what most dual sims are. I haven't seen a dual active since my old eten phone. You can select the option to always recieve MMS and that then uses IP data. SMS messages just come through when you are not using (talking) the phone. How would you know a text is late? You wouldn't read it while on a call? So its not an issue really. For calls, I forward my calls to each other if busy, so they just get an engeged tone and no one know any difference. Never let it put you off but take a look and see if you can find any real dual active dual sim phones? They would need two radio systems in each phone and two full arieals also and you cant answer 2 calls at the same time anyway from two sims.

I work as a station master and I'm mostly super busy at work. I receive a lot of calls during my duty so I need both of my company and public call (not even including my own sim which I leave at home lol)
Anyway it is important for me and actually my old mi8 and s10 plus used to do this.. Idk why this does not.

As for the sms during calls... Yeah if I call my bank and enter my info I will receive an sms and I need to enter the verification code... And I just wait for the sms but nothing.

Right now what I do is everytime I wanna make a bank call I take out my sim and put it into my other phone and when I'm done I put it back in.

Regardless that's really my fault.

I work as a station master and I'm mostly super busy at work. I receive a lot of calls during my duty so I need both of my company and public call (not even including my own sim which I leave at home lol)
Anyway it is important for me and actually my old mi8 and s10 plus used to do this.. Idk why this does not.

As for the sms during calls... Yeah if I call my bank and enter my info I will receive an sms and I need to enter the verification code... And I just wait for the sms but nothing.

Right now what I do is everytime I wanna make a bank call I take out my sim and put it into my other phone and when I'm done I put it back in.

Regardless that's really my fault.
The mi8 is a dual sim dual standby:
so is the s10

They are no different to this one. May be your issue is diufferent. Can you explain what you can and can't do a little more and see if anyone here can work it out?

Reactions: Ibrahim bahakim
The mi8 is a dual sim dual standby:
so is the s10

They are no different to this one. May be your issue is diufferent. Can you explain what you can and can't do a little more and see if anyone here can work it out?
OH they don't?? Then yeah it must be a different thing.

A very simple super annoying thing I have is when I get a call on one sim I can not get sms from the other sim..
This used to work just fine with the mentioned phones before..
But on the mi 10 ultra it does not. In fact the moment I hang up the call I get the sms...

I've never had this situation I don't think. I'm on the latest weekly on both 10 and 11 Ultra and have attached screenshot of the settings in case there is something odd. Has anyone else?

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_090224.jpg
    IMG_20210624_090224.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_2021-06-24-09-02-38-975_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-24-09-02-38-975_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_2021-06-24-09-04-09-660_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-24-09-04-09-660_com.android.mms.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_2021-06-24-09-04-18-398_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-24-09-04-18-398_com.android.mms.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 108
I put it on the same settings as yours. Seem that your phone has some settings which my phone does not.
I'm using Mi 10 ultra not 11.

I remember when I got mi8 I read somewhere that it is a dual sim and when you're on a call the other sim switches to 2g only.
Maybe mi10 ultra does not?

Are you using EU weekly ROM? Both 10 and 11 have same settings. 2G is GPRS, so should receive SMS. I wondered whether SMS and data are coming through IP with Vowifi on 2nd sim. Let's see if we can get someone else to comment