Cerberus App

walhalla

Members
Oct 26, 2016
Hi,
anybody here who is using this app and got it running? I installed as a system service and the app itself is working. But if my MI5 switches in stand-by mode, I cant connect via Cerberus Dashboard. It says, that it cant reach the phone because it is offline.

I'm running this app on my REDMI3 PRO too and there it is working without any problems. I can reach it even if I didnt touch the phone several hours or even days.

It would be great if anybody here could help me running this app on my MI5 too (running latest ROM 6.10.20).

Thanks in advance for every hint to resolve this problem.

Walhalla

Installing it as a system app is not mandatory. I run it as a normal app and I have no issues with it.

What to check:
- give it all the permissions it requires
- enable it in the auto-startup
- DISABLE BATTERY OPTIMISATION for this app, this is really important! So disable that, and grant it location permissions in the same screen where you disable it.

Let me know if that worked for you.

Hi,
I tried first as a normal app and made all the things you wrote. Because it didnt work, I tried as service. I am pretty sure that the app is working - but its impossible to connect because its "offline" (WLAN / mobile data no difference). But the most important thing is, that I can reach the phone in case of "emergency". And yes, I deinstalled several times and reinstalled.

Running as a service I cant change right and/or autostart, what is not neccessary!?

Hi,
I cant get it working on my MI5. The only difference betweeen the MI5 and the other devices ist Android 6.0.1. I just had on new idea: this Cerberus app depends on any Google services?! Does anybody know which services and which permissions they need? Could be the only / last reason.

Thanks for any help because I really should get it up & running.

Thanks a lot!

Walhalla