Change menu UI?

jwoytk01

Members
Nov 21, 2010
I love the MIUI rom. The only downside for me is the way the menu system works. Is there any way to change it to the default android menu system? I'm not a programmer or coder or developer, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from MY evo with Tapatalk, bitches.

you mean when you press the menu button? yea i dont like that aswell and would prefer stock version

Yeah. The rom is great other than the iphone-esque menu system. It's the only reason I keep going back to CM.

I love the new menus, especially in settings.

Sent from my Droid using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I guess I should clarify... I actually don't mind the settings menu or the way it's set up. But I still like the android menu/options interface better. So any help getting that would be great. It'd make me an MIUI fan for life.

Edit - apparently in. 26 there will be an option to change the menu style. Here's hoping....

It's that iPhone-esque look to the Menu pull-up and the Settings UI that has kept me with MIUI lol. I still use it with LauncherPro Plus but that's what keeping me here in with this ROM.

I've been with Android since the G1. I guess I just like what I'm used to. But I have to say... this rom is absolutely ill. Sexy and powerful with some great flexibility. Much like many of your mothers. (Immature... yeah. But couldn't resist) :)

well, settings app can't go back to stock android.

the menu, for the menu button, can be set to stock android layout (a little themed) on the las version.

I had to switch back to CM. I'm just not a fan of the iPhone style menu. I love this rom more than my right arm. But... I can't get used to that one aspect no matter how many days I try. But... nothing against MIUI. This rom is still the sh!t.

Sent from my EVO with Tapatalk Pro.

Yeah. The rom is great other than the iphone-esque menu system. It's the only reason I keep going back to CM.

Why does everyone hate the menu?

Android's ugly, confusing, black menu angers me.

I had to switch back to CM. I'm just not a fan of the iPhone style menu. I love this rom more than my right arm. But... I can't get used to that one aspect no matter how many days I try. But... nothing against MIUI. This rom is still the sh!t.

If the iPhone never existed, I bet you'd be fine with the menus.

You might be right. But... I guess we'll never know. But as I stated before... it had nothing to do with the similarities to the iPhone that caused my dislike. It was because I like what I was used to. But thank you for the nonsensical comment that will never have a right it wrong answer.

11.26 gives you the best of both worlds.. hitting the menu key brings up the stock 3x2 grid, but with a nice rounded display and blue glow.. and the "iPhone-ish" white/gray settings screens are still there. Looks like they've hit the sweet spot.

if only they got rid of all the orange glows in favor of blue.. I guess nothing a small metamorph couldn't do though!

I do have to reiterate, though... I LOVE the MIUI rom. It's amazing. But I'm picky. I jump back and forth from rom to rom all the time. I WILL download the next update and give it another go. :)

There is a redux theme that removes the square icons. lol And you can change the settings menu back to the old way.

It only changes the main home-screen menu. Not in the programs or settings, unfortunately. And I have had that theme. It helped a little.

i hatttte the Iphone-esque style! like many others have said i LOVE the rom no doubt about that...but if i wanted an iPhone i woulda got an iPhone! why would i want something that looks like the competition when we are always bragging about how better android is than apple? not tryin to stir-up that debate again just saying im not looking for an iPhone look-alike.

now a nice option would be to allow switching how the menu is viewed so that anyone that likes it can stick with it...and those who dont can switch back! make everyone happy!!

had to go back to U.D. 2.3.0. cuz if this...not going to bag on my friends' iPhones when mine has the same imitative style menu...lol

In 12.3, at the home screen, Menu ->Settings -> Personal -> Menu Settings -> Original Grid -> Done. Viola, stock menu style.

That had been stated before. But it only changes the look to grid on the main home screen. I just want the original menu all-around. I hate abandoning such a great rom simply because I dislike one aspect. However.... it's a big deal to me. Otherwise.... I love every other thing about this rom.

EVO 4G running Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS 4 with Netarchy Kernel 4.2.1

yea i had to reflash this rom a couple of times on account when i would titanium restore my stuff i kept trying to restore phone and mms stuff that would cause acore force closes..and still that did not change the menus!

you just be a lucky one Dany cuz it seems many people dont get that change u say u did.