Change performance profil with tasker

snakefox666

Members
Jan 24, 2013
Hello everyone :cool:

Do you know if there is a way to change the performance profil (power saver/normal/performance) with a scheduler like tasker ?
My idea was to auto set the profil to "power saver" every night and "normal" the day.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if it works with tasker application but there will be no effect doing so. If you stay at Normal profile then at night when phone is not used, cpu will down clock to lowest frequency and put in deep sleep mode. Power saving profile will do the same.

Better is to set ondemand governor (with Set CPU ) then CPU will go down to 384 MHz + deep sleep.

Wysłane z MI 2

then why there is performance profile on MIUI ?
When I put in "powersave" mode the telephone seem to be less responsive, what was changed ? the governor ? Max CPU speed ? Disable CPU core ...

By default governor is not set as "ondemand" on MIUI ? I think I can change this value with tasker ...

Thanks for your help ;)

then why there is performance profile on MIUI ?
When I put in "powersave" mode the telephone seem to be less responsive, what was changed ? the governor ? Max CPU speed ? Disable CPU core ...

By default governor is not set as "ondemand" on MIUI ? I think I can change this value with tasker ...

Thanks for your help ;)
Why tasker? Just install any cpu control app like SetCpu or No-Frills to change frequencies or governors.

- power saver locks cpu to max 918 Mhz
- normal - its balanced from 384 (if you set that freq via SetCpu) to 1512 Mhz. It always brings down cpu to deep sleep.
- performance - same as normal but it reaches max cpu more often (i think it uses more agressive governor parameters)

I don't remember well but default governor for M2 is interactive or qualcomms special: msm-dcvs. Try other governors. I use ondemand/cfq setup.