change sound notification for gmail...

ludwig

Members
Aug 19, 2011
Hi, I'm coming from another rom, and it was possible to choose a different sound notification for gmail (than default, or message, for instance)...
Under MIUI now, I find only how changing sound notification for message, but not for gmail... Thanks for helping me, if it's possible under Miui.
Best regards

Gmail uses the default 'notifications' sound you can set within settings, don't recall ever being able to set a different tone on my HTC handset so it must have been specific to your manufacturer.

I prefer to use the standard Mail client myself as you can set a different tone for that within the app.

you are supposed to be able to do this through: settings/programs/Gmail settings/labels to notify. I say "supposed" because click on the labels to notify option gives me FC. I reported this on another thread but it got no attention.

FC with settings for notification tones seems to be a common problem in my few days on MIUI..

I noticed this with a different notification setting (SMS); but I was able to set it using a different app (Zedge). I read somewhere that this might be related to missing directories on the SD card for storing the tones... not sure if this is the case for this particular problem, but maybe it will give a starting point ???

EDIT:
I just noticed that you can change the notification tones for your gmail labels (inbox, etc) for each account from within the gmail app (under "Account Settings" [select an account], then "Labels to notify" near the bottom) and it doesn't force close like it does if you try using the MIUI Settings

you are supposed to be able to do this through: settings/programs/Gmail settings/labels to notify. I say "supposed" because click on the labels to notify option gives me FC. I reported this on another thread but it got no attention.

@Travis your edited method worked for me, thanks. I wish it worked the proper way as well though