Change Usb Mode

celalalt

Members
Oct 8, 2015
I disabled both MTP and Camera settings in USB mode (the notification which appeared when I was connecting the phone to PC) and now the USB notification does not appear anymore and I cannot find the damn USB mode settings. Is there any way I could re-enable MTP and change the USB mode. I enabled USB debugging and managed to connect to the phone using Mi Suite, but I would need to connect to the phone on PCs without Mi Suite.

I disabled both MTP and Camera settings in USB mode (the notification which appeared when I was connecting the phone to PC) and now the USB notification does not appear anymore and I cannot find the damn USB mode settings. Is there any way I could re-enable MTP and change the USB mode. I enabled USB debugging and managed to connect to the phone using Mi Suite, but I would need to connect to the phone on PCs without Mi Suite.
Had the same problem and posted yet another workaround (search forum) - using QuickShortcutMaker to access the USB option. It looks ugly, but works well.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: celalalt
Using root explorer, in the root folder, go to, data/property and search for persist.sys.usb.config and open it with text editor it will say adb, erase it and write mtp, delete persist.sys.usb.config.bak and reboot.

Reactions: Stefano131270
Using root explorer, in the root folder, go to, data/property and search for persist.sys.usb.config and open it with text editor it will say adb, erase it and write mtp, delete persist.sys.usb.config.bak and reboot.
thank you, now i have the notification back!