Changing fonts

Discussion in 'MIUI Mods' started by kmoore11, Dec 1, 2010.

1. kmoore11

kmoore11Members

Nov 8, 2010
    I am trying to change the system fonts and can't seem to find out how. I have tried flashing the zips here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=801160 but none of those work. I have also tried manually replacing some of the fonts in /system/fonts to no avail. Does anyone know how to do this?

2. palban

palbanMembers

Nov 19, 2010
    U must replace Arial*.ttf with your preferred fonts

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

3. kmoore11

kmoore11Members

Nov 8, 2010
    Thanks! When I tried manually switching the fonts through root explorer, I got stuck at the HTC Incredible boot screen. However, when I changed the font names in the zips from DroidSans*.ttf to Arial*.ttf and then flashed them in recovery, everything worked perfectly

4. Dash 4reals

Nov 29, 2010
    having a little trouble here cant seem to find system\fonts. can someone walk me through the steps? i've got the zips all set to arial but dont know where to drop them on phone. any help would be great...thanks

5. igknighted

igknightedMembers

Nov 9, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Most ROMs will use whatever font is named DroidSans, but MIUI uses Arial. One of the Evo devs tried to change it to DroidSans, but that created a whole host of problems, so they switched back to Arial. You should be able to open the zip of any normal font pack, change the names to Arial and flash and it should work, or in the themes section there is a thread with some MIUI-friendly font packs.

6. igknighted

igknightedMembers

Nov 9, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Flash them like you would a ROM (wipe cache/Dalvik but not data)

7. Dash 4reals

Nov 29, 2010
    Thanks dude appreciate it.......

8. leejames55

leejames55Members

Mar 18, 2011
    Flashing didn't work for me. Save your font to MIUI/THEMES and go to font changer on them manager by selecting edit theme and then your fonts will b there.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

9. DRancid

DRancidMembers

Apr 6, 2011
    i copied ttf files but can't find any of those in theme manager..
    Did i do something wrong?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

10. EndlessDissent

Nov 13, 2010
    Use the font packs from my thread. It's directly below this thread as I type this.

11. DRancid

DRancidMembers

Apr 6, 2011
    I need korean font so i tried to replace arail*.ttf files but i couldn't boot up my phone after that..
    Can i make mtz file with ttf file?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

12. EndlessDissent

Nov 13, 2010
    Yes. Download a pack from my thread, and just replace all the Arial.ttf, Arial-Bold.ttf, Clockopia.ttf, etc. with the font you want. Be sure to keep the names as Arial.ttf, Arial-Bold.ttf, Clockopia.ttf, etc.

Also, edit the description.xml however you wish, if you even care to edit it at all.

13. tymansdaddy

Jul 31, 2011
    this doesnt work. i am running miui 1.7.8 on my evo shift and the text files dont work. how do i convert them to mtz files?

Share Our Site