Changing To Eu Software?

Ana Galan

Members
Apr 4, 2016
Hi,
I bought a MI3 at the end of last year but unfourtanely I couldn't buy the one in the EU market so my phone was coming directly from China. I do not speak Chinese. A lot of my app are in Chinese and I am getting a lot of software message that I cannot understand. I would like to know if there is a possibility to root it to get all in English.
Best,

Ana

Hi,
I bought a MI3 at the end of last year but unfourtanely I couldn't buy the one in the EU market so my phone was coming directly from China. I do not speak Chinese. A lot of my app are in Chinese and I am getting a lot of software message that I cannot understand. I would like to know if there is a possibility to root it to get all in English.
Best,

Ana
Ana, chinese rom have english but you'd better flsah first xiaomi global rom as it is multilanguage.

Go to en.miui.com, and download fastboot rom 6.3.17
install miflash on a PC and use it to flash this firmware.
At this point you are in xiaomi global english, + many other languages

on top of this, you can flash xiaomi.eu roms, please refer to posts. But one step at a time, you first need to miflash your phone with official 6.3.17 global dev from en.miui.com.

Thanks a lot!
What I mean is that I am getting a lots of app in Chinese and some messages (I managed to have the phone with an english keyboard) so it would be nice to get all the Xiaomi apps in a language I can understand.
I am using Ubuntu so I cannot install miflash (i was trying with wine . The MiPC opens but it doesnt recognize the phone).
Is there any other way?

there is a way:
you'd need to install adb (google fastboot, it is available for ubuntu).

before, pay attention to copy xiaomi.eu at the root of your phone (anyway from fastboot you'll still be able to push a file to your phone.

from fastboot then flash TWRP 3.0.0, boot then immediately in recovery and from TWRP wipe cache/dalvik, and flash xiaomi.eu.

after first reboot completed, reboot in recovery then flash superSU to root the phone (need to be reflashed every update).

Reactions: Stefano131270