Changing your fonts [ How to ]

JaysWorldx

Members
Dec 20, 2010
Is anyone still trying to figure out how to change their fonts, I finally got mines working and it was pretty quick :D . Let me know if you need the guide, I have to go find it first.

And please don't suggest one of the font changer apps in the market because I have tried those and nothing changed! :(

Okay okau, truley sorry guys. I didn't mean to keep you waiting but I'm going to post some screenshots and the guide right now!

And please don't suggest one of the font changer apps in the market because I have tried those and nothing changed! :(

Nooo, I'm not haha, that didn't work for me either -___- , all you need to use is your phone and root explorer.

Alright, now I'm not sure if I can post links to other forums so I'm just going to copy and paste this.

" need
-root explorer
-whatever font you want. the regular version and a bold one.

in root explorer press the mount button at the top right so that it says mount r/w instead of r/o. navigate to whatever font you want (it would help if they were in the same folder). rename the regular version "Arial.ttf" and name the bold version "Arial-Bold.ttf" both without quotes, of course. then hit the menu soft-key, choose multi select, and then tap both of those files to choose them. then hit copy and navigate to /system/font folder (make sure it is mounted r/w). now you will hit paste. once you've done that you'll see the two arial fonts will have different permissions than the rest of the .ttf files in the folder. long press each one (one at a time) and change permissions to user: read, write; group: read; others: read. it will end up looking like this rw-r--r--

and there you go, you've successful changed your system font. reboot the phone and you're done. "

Credit goes to - iamasongnow @ droidforums

I'm not really a pro at all this modding stuff and flashing, but if you guys have any questions I'll try my best to help you.

Here's some screen shots of the Comfortaa font running on my Mytouch 4G

cap201012231318.jpg

cap201012231319.jpg

cap2010122313151.jpg

btw, I used hot reboot to reboot my phone.

I love that font JaysWorldx !
which one did you use as standard? that "lite" version, or the "normal" version?
because when I download that font it's 3 files. lite, normal and bold.

It's kinda lame question and I'll probably know that before you reply, but reply just to make sure for others :p

and which theme do you use btw :p

I still don't get why people love Comfortaa at all. Use Zegoe, like me. It's beautiful!

Sent from my Leo via miui-dev.

Thank you so much!! Followed guide and now using the font of my choice :)
saved for future reference!

I love that font JaysWorldx !
which one did you use as standard? that "lite" version, or the "normal" version?
because when I download that font it's 3 files. lite, normal and bold.

It's kinda lame question and I'll probably know that before you reply, but reply just to make sure for others :p

and which theme do you use btw :p

Where to download the font?

Is there a way to hide icon labels without using an app?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Not that I know of, I know that folder organizer lets you hide icon labels without using a launcher but you would just have a bunch of icons on your homescreen. I'm still looking to see if thats possible though.

Not that I know of, I know that folder organizer lets you hide icon labels without using a launcher but you would just have a bunch of icons on your homescreen. I'm still looking to see if thats possible though.

Exactly what I am looking for. Just icons on home screen

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk