[charging] long time of charge

Doc_Samson

Members
Jan 23, 2015
Hi,

like in the title, my device (but i think all mi3) time of charging is quite long (over 2.30h).
Is there the possibility to use a different transformer with more ampere, or can i break the battery?

Hi,

like in the title, my device (but i think all mi3) time of charging is quite long (over 2.30h).
Is there the possibility to use a different transformer with more ampere, or can i break the battery?

You cannot break the battery as the phone it self will regulate the current using only the amount it needs.
You can you a 1000A if you want, current will be limited.

Reactions: Doc_Samson
You cannot break the battery as the phone it self will regulate the current using only the amount it needs.
You can you a 1000A if you want, current will be limited.

thanks for the reply,, because i have read in some forum that using another A transformer, the timing of charge is much better. So are you saying that there is no warning

Both have quickcharge, and yes there is no problem, all chargers are regulated, speacially this kind of cells.

Quick charging any battery will shorten its life. you should have this in mind.

my mi4 charger say 5v-2amp, 9v-1.2amp and 12v 1a (model Xiaomi MDY-03-EB)

i discovered that the quickcharger 2.0 on the latest motorola X use 9v-2amps !

i'm not sure if latest mi phones are supporting 2amps at 9volts, but the charger bundled is not the quickcharge 2.0 by qualcomm maybe it's a home made solution, idk... it have a kind of quickcharge but not the most powerfull one i think

i've found that my phone is recharging pretty fast anyway, and the battery is enought hot :D

check your charger specs, the mi3 is bundled with the Xiaomi MDY-03-EB ?

mm i see a CH-P002 , max o.2A