Charging Problem

eruill

Members
Dec 28, 2017
I have problem with my mi5 after update to miui 9. My phone only charges after reboot or power off/on. I tried many different cables and chargers also installed lot of ROMs, lock and unlock bootloader. Can someone help with this it is very annoying.

I tested my phone into CIT and of course test are failed. Why you propose that is not software issue, i am interested in your opinion. Flex cable, but you know after reboot everything works well and if i want to connect my cable again i have to reboot my phone again and again and again every time :(

If the problem does not solve using different ROMS and nobody has this issue (I am using Miui9 on Mi5) it is not seem a software problem.
Last possibility: try a not Miui ROM (Lineage).
More tests:
1.- Try booting up in recovery mode, This isn’t a fix, it would just tell you whether the phone is still capable of powering up its components without actually booting up to Android GUI.
2.- the USB C collects a lot of dirt in it, use a pin to scrape the dirt out.
If not charging in recovery mode o using Lineage, sure is hardware issue.
About hardware you could try change flex cable, it is cheap and you can do it. I hope it will not a motherboard problem.
After booting up in recovery mode (TWRP) without plugged cable phone does not charge.I also have to reboot it into recovery again and then it is starting to charge (i am using newest stable ROM from our forum). USB socket is clean. So it is highly possible that is flex cable, isn't it?

I have a similar problem. Very slow charge, I disconnect the cable and reconnect it and it already charge normal

Happens to me too. At one time, it didn't charge at all, after I started Ampere app to check charging amperage. It did charge fast enough before that. I cleaned the usb c connectors and all seems fine now.