China Version Xiaomi 13 Pro - Network issue/question regarding 5G

KindredPT

Members
Jun 9, 2023
Hi!

I was just noticing something and actually reading some other posts on the matter, and didn't really find a conclusive answer

I've bought this phone here

Almost a year ago and all good! Except I just noticed I don't get 5g on mobile data it seems only LTE.

My question is, is this something I can fix or might be fixed with newer xiaomi.eu releases or simply a band issue tied to hardware?

Country is Portugal

Thank you!

Hi!

I was just noticing something and actually reading some other posts on the matter, and didn't really find a conclusive answer

I've bought this phone here

Almost a year ago and all good! Except I just noticed I don't get 5g on mobile data it seems only LTE.

My question is, is this something I can fix or might be fixed with newer xiaomi.eu releases or simply a band issue tied to hardware?

Country is Portugal

Thank you!
You can't use 5g bands in Europe if it is a "Chinese" version of the device (eg. came with stock china MIUI)

You can't use 5g bands in Europe if it is a "Chinese" version of the device (eg. came with stock china MIUI)
Well open and shut issue it seems. Should've read further into this before buying. It's fine tho happy with it otherwise. Follow-up question if you know. Is this some issue with EU itself? (like a political thing?) I've checked UK out curiosity and seems to handle 5g there

Well open and shut issue it seems. Should've read further into this before buying. It's fine tho happy with it otherwise. Follow-up question if you know. Is this some issue with EU itself? (like a political thing?) I've checked UK out curiosity and seems to handle 5g there
maybe it really is a political thing, after the ban of huawei i noticed that some xiaomi's have stopped getting full 5g access in the EU, whilst in the UK, they do. But i don't know if there is some sort of relations between huawei and xiaomi

i mean, OP asked for 5G, not 4G. Also, in Italy, my country, the B20, B28a, B32 bands don't work
But you say "You can't use 5g bands in Europe if it is a "Chinese" version of the device (eg. came with stock china MIUI)" which is false.

But you say "You can't use 5g bands in Europe if it is a "Chinese" version of the device (eg. came with stock china MIUI)" which is false.
I also have a CN 13 Pro and i live in italy, and my carrier supports 5G. I only meant that even if it is available it still doesn't works, at least for me in Italy. I used the term Europe for a general thing

I also have a CN 13 Pro and i live in italy, and my carrier supports 5G. I only meant that even if it is available it still doesn't works, at least for me in Italy. I used the term Europe for a general thing
But again, i'm sorry if i used the term Europe if i meant only my country

yeah i've seen but 5g doesn't want to work on the CN 13 Pro, and i assure you that i use 5g with 5 bars on my 13 lite. Maybe my unit is defective:emoji_shrug:
If you have selected, preferred network 5g, the logo displays 5g but is not necessarily in 5g, the best is to go to an antenna with the supported band and do a speedtest, preferred TIM in sim 1.

If you have selected, preferred network 5g, the logo displays 5g but is not necessarily in 5g, the best is to go to an antenna with the supported band and do a speedtest, preferred TIM in sim 1.
That's the thing, I set 5G preferred and it doesn't show, even when it's next to my 13 Lite that catches 5g and in the speedtests (Tim on sim 1) the 13 pro does 200mb max and the 13 Lite 700-800mb

That's the thing, I set 5G preferred and it doesn't show, even when it's next to my 13 Lite that catches 5g and in the speedtests (Tim on sim 1) the 13 pro does 200mb max and the 13 Lite 700-800mb
but I don't care cause I use the 13 pro as a secondary phone, I got it for 400 euros on some website and I think that's the reason why