Chinese Or Multi-language Rom?

Loosedaddy

Members
Dec 1, 2016
Hi. I am a complete novice when it comes to flashing ROM, rooting and unlocking bootloaders so please be kind!

I am looking to get a Mi5 in the UK. I am looking at getting it from Ibuygou or Aliexpress. Both retailers offer to send the phone with stock Chinese ROM or with a multi-language ROM. They also claim the multi-language ROM is the official Global ROM.

If I understand correctly, the official global ROM only supports English and Chinese so the multi-language ROM must be a custom ROM. Is that correct?

Would you recommend that I get them to install the multi-language Global ROM with Google play installed or should I stick with the Chinese ROM and flash myself?

As I said, I am a complete novice on this so I don't want to brick my phone!

Also, I have some banking apps that won't work on a rooted phone. Will flashing the ROM affect this?

Thanks
John

my recommendation is use the official ROM. a lot of distributors are using the so called multi language ROM where in fact is lousy custom ROM (random Ads pop up, bloatware, freeze screen, etc). better to get Chinese ROM, applied for unlocking and clean install EU ROM. the flash could be tricky if you are the first timer. but, there is a lot of guides in here or in the official sites.

to my knowledge, unlocking boatloader does not equal to rooting unless you install roots like superSU.