Chinese Version

luanlima92

Members
Feb 14, 2019
Hi guys!
This is my first post ever here and I have just bought the chinese version of note 7, but I am not chinese and I am not a China resident. I actually live in Brazil.
My questions are:
1) Do you guys suggest to keep using the cellphone with the original ROM forever?
2) If yes, what are the pros and cons about this?
3) If not, it is better to wait for a more stable .eu ROM here or the first thing I should do when my cellphone arrives is change the ROM?

Once I get this cellphone, I will make more questions here. For sure.

That's it... for now.

Thank you!

Reactions: Thyped
I would unlock it first and then flash the xiaomi.eu version or LineageOS ROM after bought any Xiaomi phone, even I am Chinese. I want the Google Play Store, I want a clean system, I don't want a variety of apps provided by Xiaomi. There are a lot of news and links in the home page of the built-in browser in almost all mobile phones sold in China, they are not as clean as Chrome or Safari. Meanwhile, many Chinese apps includes so many ads, required for so many permissions, consume more power or wake up each other, while the Play Store version dose not.

Reactions: kenennaoyeka
Despite that, there is not a Xiaomi.eu for Pro version yet.
Hoppefully it will be released soon.

I would unlock it first and then flash the xiaomi.eu version or LineageOS ROM after bought any Xiaomi phone, even I am Chinese. I want the Google Play Store, I want a clean system, I don't want a variety of apps provided by Xiaomi. There are a lot of news and links in the home page of the built-in browser in almost all mobile phones sold in China, they are not as clean as Chrome or Safari. Meanwhile, many Chinese apps includes so many ads, required for so many permissions, consume more power or wake up each other, while the Play Store version dose not.
i agree....i got the chinese version and i also installed the EU rom....it runs better and it looks better

the author of the post said he has a note 7 not a note 7 pro so im talking about the regular Xiaomi.EU software for the Note 7 not the Pro

Hi guys!
This is my first post ever here and I have just bought the chinese version of note 7, but I am not chinese and I am not a China resident. I actually live in Brazil.
My questions are:
1) Do you guys suggest to keep using the cellphone with the original ROM forever?
2) If yes, what are the pros and cons about this?
3) If not, it is better to wait for a more stable .eu ROM here or the first thing I should do when my cellphone arrives is change the ROM?

Once I get this cellphone, I will make more questions here. For sure.

That's it... for now.

Thank you!
Opa, sou brasileiro também! Também comprei o RN7 4/64 com ROM chinesa. Estou só esperando o tempo para desbloquear o bootloader e instalar a ROM.eu.
Eu estava receoso em perder a função da localização de telefone da ROM original chinesa, mas eu testei e não funcionou (Creio que só funcione na China, já que é uma ROM chinesa). Visto isso, não faz sentido ficar com a ROM original da Xiaomi e irei instalar a Xiaomi.eu logo que o bootloader for desbloqueado.

Hi, sort of the same question of luan Lima, My RN7 Chinese version just got here ( I'm in Perú), though I'm Venezuelan, I have been reading the pros and cons. And frankly, I'm scared to change to the EU rom, seem to have bugs, or is unstable, and in some post I read here, read that if you have a beta version can't go back to global, for a downgrade of the OS, and cause to brick my phone. Just getting the hang of it. Need to see if the GPS bug is cleared.

But, recommendations, should I wait? What are the pro and con of been with the Chinese ROM, personally I don't mind the Chinese apps, those that I can uninstall I have done it, those that I have no clue, just let it there. I already install Google Play, and all the apps. It's running fine. So please a piece of advice.

Thanks a lot

Hi,
As I have understood, downgrade is not possible only on the stock version.
So using custom Roms and custom Recoveries, you are allowed to do it.

Despite that, if your Bootloader is not yet unlocked, current problems would be fixed on the waiting time.

For Pro version, you may look at this, XDA - Stock Pie - LineageOS.