Clean Install - Redmi 3s 3/32

Dingsdada

Members
Dec 29, 2016
Hi,
today i unlocked my Redmi 3s 3/32 with global DEV 7.1.5
TWRP installation without problems.

What i have to wipe in TWRP, when i want a clean install of 8.1.5.0?

- Dalvik/Art
- System
- Data
- Internal Storage
- Cache
- MicroSD
- USB OTG

EDIT:
Have i to install supersu/root bevor clean install?

EDIT 2 und blöde Frage:
the verion 8.1.5.0 (here in forum) is not xiaomi.eu version, or?
i need: xiaomi.eu_multi_HM3SHM3X_7.1.5_v8-6.0.zip

Last edited:
It TWRP just do Wipe data/factory reset, it will wipe everything what's needed to be wiped. If you want lastest wekly Xiaomi.eu ROM, you need the file you mention on the end.
8.1.5 is stable 7.1.5 is weekly, the next weekly will be 7.1.12, next stable will probably be 8.1.6

i did a factory reset, but after reboot and long waiting (10min) there where still all apps installed.

Definiere alle Apps: Die vorinstallierten von Xiaomi oder deine selbst installierten. Wenn das zweit genannte, dann war der Wipe erfolglos

What did you mean with "all apps". The preinstalled apps or all your manualy downloaded apps?

Any manually installed Apps where still there. Factory reset seems to have failed.

Thanks for pics - i test it with wipe system...

Reactions: det-Happy
Is it safe to wipe /system on Redmi 3s? Don't you also wipe /efs partition (where your IMEI is stored, and thus vital for cellular communication) by doing that? I'm asking because I also have a Mi 5, and that's what happens if you manually wipe /system...

Is it safe to wipe /system on Redmi 3s? Don't you also wipe /efs partition (where your IMEI is stored, and thus vital for cellular communication) by doing that? I'm asking because I also have a Mi 5, and that's what happens if you manually wipe /system...

By default i also wipe system for clean flash but i finded not to be a good idea because if you reboot or reboot to recovery after wiping system you end up with no recovery no android it will stuck at MI logo bootloop , and you can not turn off your phone or charge by any means ( it happend to me luckily my phone was fully charged ) !

Yes your imei and unlocked bootloader remains safe!

No need to wipe sytem for a clean fresh install , because the instalation process will do it also ,i sugest not to wipe system ,only dalvik cache , cache ,and data to remove old installed apps and settings !

Reactions: Jaime DLH
I installed the 8.1.4 on my wife's 3s 2/16 some weeks ago doing full wipe included system and internal storage. IMEI safe, no problem.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3S utilizzando Tapatalk

can i wipe "internal storage" bevor clean install - or are there some important files?
No problem wiping internal storage, that's where your personal files are stored. Just take into account that any files you have there will get wiped - so, if you have the ROM .zip stored on your phone storage and wipe internal storage *before* flashing the ROM, you'll have to copy it to internal storage again to be able to flash it :)

Reactions: Dingsdada