Cleaner App can't be updated or disabled

MasterSokin

Members
Apr 9, 2021
I have the xiaomi.eu rom for our device. I recently did a factory reset on the phone. Once I did that the cleaner app can't be updated or deleted. I provide a screenshot. I tried clearing app data and cache but nothing. Any help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-20-15-28-57-433_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-20-15-28-57-433_com.android.vending.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_2024-03-20-15-29-07-746_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-20-15-29-07-746_com.android.vending.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 47
You're not supposed to touch any system apps on xiaomi.eu ROMs.
That is because xiaomi.eu is based on Chinese ROM and everything is translated manually. Updating these apps would mess with those translations and probably also with the integrity to the rest of the system since global apps don't belong in xm.eu (based on CN) and stock CN apps don't belong in xm.eu

You're not supposed to touch any system apps on xiaomi.eu ROMs.
That is because xiaomi.eu is based on Chinese ROM and everything is translated manually. Updating these apps would mess with those translations and probably also with the integrity to the rest of the system since global apps don't belong in xm.eu (based on CN) and stock CN apps don't belong in xm.eu
OK i understand this but then why is the app showing up on the play store updates? This didn't happen before I factory reset the phone.

OK i understand this but then why is the app showing up on the play store updates? This didn't happen before I factory reset the phone.
It is not specific to you and the Xiaomi.eu devs have no control on this behaviour.

Even when any modded apk is installed, play store will scan it too. But it can't update them. As seen in the picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-21-12-02-14-852_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-21-12-02-14-852_com.android.vending.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 69