Compatability

quiksilver7566

Members
Mar 3, 2011
I have the HTC Eris, bad choice I know. But I'm always looking for the best way to make it better. So I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me which other device would be compatible enough for me to download and flash on my HTC Eris.

Seconded

As I understand it ROMs are built specifically for each device. A friend of mine has the Samsung Galaxy on US Cellular, the hardware is literally identical to the Verizon Galaxy phone, but he can't use those ROMs. I have an Eris, and I love it. It's not the best phone ever, but rooted, OC'd, with gingerbread it's awesome. I'm currently running Gingershedbread by Workshed, (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944430). I'd like to switch to MIUI, but the closest ROM is for the Desire CDMA Bravo C. If it were labeled for the Eris I'd have switched by now.

I think the Droid Eris is a nice little phone. The smaller 320 x 480 screen size makes it difficult to port MIUI to it. Many graphics files would have have to be resized to fit the smaller screen.