Completely Unresponsive Mi3

Al Arka

Members
Nov 20, 2016
Hello all,

My Xiaomi Mi3 just suddenly shut down for some unknown reason and is completely unresponsive. No difference when at all when I try to turn it back on, hold the power button for more than 10 seconds, plug it to a PC or to a power source to charge it (the LED doesn't light up at all).

Zero modifications to the phone: no ROM, flashing, apps from 3rd party unknown sources, etc.
Phone has not been exposed to water, heat, lightning, radiation, lasers, ninjas, space-pirates or evil antagonists of any kind.

Any thoughts on how to fix it, or most importantly how to retrieve the data inside the phone (photos mostly)?

Thanks in advance :)

Try leave it to charger for few hours.

Battery is quite cheap and easy to change, could try that and hope it will help.

Hello again,

I'm reviving this thread as I've been away for a few months and couldn't follow up on recover my photos from my phone, so I still face the same issue...

That said, I had a few suggestions including the ones mentioned here by Pertti Kosunen and iamme729 (thank you both), but unfortunately my phone is still unresponsive. What I've tried:

- Charging the phone overnight, even several times using different cables and chargers.
- Holding the power button for 30 seconds.
- Bought a new battery and replaced it following the guide from ifixit's website (not sure if I can paste links here but a quick google search should do).

Now, about the last point, replacing the battery did not work BUT I did notice that as soon as I placed the new battery into place the phone suddenly started to heat up quite a lot, just as if for instance I was playing a game or something. This by the way is something that also happened back when the phone first stopped working, I did notice that it did heat up so I left it overnight and came back next morning to find that nothing changed. That's when I started to try all of the points already mentioned.

Unfortunately that's the only result that I got from the phone as it's still not working. Just in case I've removed the new battery for now to prevent it from discharging...

Any new ideas on this? And thanks again to all of you! :)