[CONCEPT] MIUI Appdrawer

Hi Guys.. I've developed an App Drawer for MIUI.. It's not nearly as slick as the concepts here but it took a lot of work and I hope you like it.. Head over to the extended settings app for details..

Andy

shot000003.png

How to hide system apps?

The system apps are hardcoded into the access control code. I think MIUI forgot to add them all in? I modified the code to add in the missing ones and it worked fine, I don't know if you are comfortable with modifying code but if you are I'd be happy to show you want you need to change so you can hide everything..

Sure I can try. Will have to do this everytime there is an update to MIUI / Extended settings?

The idea is interesting, although I'm pretty sure miui team developed the rom as it is because they don't like app drawers... They make rom slower. Moreover, the miui approach with apps immediately available on the screens make it easier to get what you're looking for.
An example
20120314_074330.jpg

In 2 touches I get where I want to go to. I have any other screen. I don't need to go scrolling and scrolling and scrolling before finding an app (I have 93 apps, besides the systems)