Current Known Issues on Cupid?

Feb 22, 2023
Hi guys,
I just got myself a Xiaomi 12 and having been away from miui for a little while I hoped that the new versions of the rom could bring new interesting features, however I soon discovered that the global rom is basically stuck since a long time therefore I was thinking about switching to Xiaomi.eu V14 stable.

The Xiaomi 12 will be my daily driver and therefore I need max reliability so I was trying to understand if there's a list of the known issues for the current release version of the stable EU branch in order to evaluate if switching is worth or not at the moment.

Could you please give me some advise or at least some feedback on how the stable rom is performing on the device?

Thanks!

Personally, I've had issues with notifications not coming through no matter what I did, the camera quality is noticeably worse and does not appear to work well with close objects, while it worked perfectly on stock. Also, apps randomly crashed for me on Xiaomi.eu stable, but seem to work fine on the weekly.

My advice is to stay on stock unless you have a particular reason to flash to Xiaomi.eu and just wait for a proper custom ROM one day, hopefully Evolution X or Lineage/Pixel Experience or something.

Personally, I've had issues with notifications not coming through no matter what I did, the camera quality is noticeably worse and does not appear to work well with close objects, while it worked perfectly on stock. Also, apps randomly crashed for me on Xiaomi.eu stable, but seem to work fine on the weekly.

My advice is to stay on stock unless you have a particular reason to flash to Xiaomi.eu and just wait for a proper custom ROM one day, hopefully Evolution X or Lineage/Pixel Experience or something.
Thanks for the info!
Probably the team Needs a Little more time to Dial in the new rom, ill wait and check It out later on :)

Cheers

Most of these issues are not Xiaomi.eu fault. It's just how MIUI works, one of the most beautifully crafted and buggiest Android skins, in my opinion. It ruins the phone for me.

To be fairly honest, I really appreciate miui, have been on it for years, got bored and bought a pixel 7 pro, I was shocked on how it is incredibly boring and much more buggy than MIUI, I'm now selling it after just 4 months of use....so all in all I'm super happy to be back with Xiaomi, I would be even happier if I could have the latest features but I guess I can live even without them

Reactions: armin_olat
I'm happy you enjoy their devices!

Personally, whenever I buy a Xiaomi device, I promise myself I won't ever do it again since they can't nail the basics down.
And then when it's time for a new device I always go back to them because I forget all the issues they have and also because they're relatively cheap.

I've never had certain software issues with other manufacturers, not to speak of terrible battery life. For a phone of this size to be able to squeeze out only around 5 hours of SOT is sad.

Reactions: colmoschin94Kant