Custom sound notification on Android 8.1

mitch_t

Members
Jan 16, 2019
Hello to all community. It is possible to set custom notification sound for apps in last couple builds. Does someone know, how to make it possible, to implement this feature in China stock ROM? I'd like to make patch for this, but I don't know which starting point is. Where to make those changes? In which files?

Hello to all community. It is possible to set custom notification sound for apps in last couple builds. Does someone know, how to make it possible, to implement this feature in China stock ROM? I'd like to make patch for this, but I don't know which starting point is. Where to make those changes? In which files?
Our notification settings are completely custom-made. There is no straightforward way for you to make a patch.
And you would need a patcher that's capable of advanced patching features. I don't know any like that besides the one I wrote exclusively for Xiaomi.eu usage.

What about manual editing of smali files or something similar. I know for sure, one ROMmaker ports this feature from your build to official China ROM. So it's possible. But I'm using another version of the China ROM and looking for a way to do it. So I'm looking for information which files need to be edited to make things working.