Custom TWRP 3.4.1B for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

rbarat

Members
Apr 17, 2019
twrp small.jpg
Working custom TWRP 3.4.1B from russian 4PDA forum pages, made from TWRP for Redmi 9S.
The installation procedure is verified several times, it works if you follow the entire procedure exactly.

Edit:
Redmi Note 9 Pro uses two type of displays (Huaxing, Tianma), on Tianma display the "Swipe to unlock" button does not work after the display goes out. The solution is to turn off the "Enable screen timeout" option in TWRP Settings.

How to install:
a) by using IMG file - here instructions in czech language (use Google translator) -> you have to log in there to see pictures
Download IMG file:
1: EN/RU version
2: EN/RU version
3: multilanguage version

b) by automatic installer, using an EXE program in Windows
TWRP.jpg

Download autoinstall EXE:
1) https://uloz.to/file/qidj7XRHX6wm/joyeuse-twrp3-4-1b-autoinstall-exe
2) http://www.mediafire.com/file/huff14m4s8lbbz4/joyeuse-twrp3-4-1b-autoinstall-.exe/file

Instructions for install Twrp with automatic installer:
-Back up all your data (photos, videos, files, etc.), the whole phone will be deleted
-The phone must have the Bootloader unlocked
-You need to have drivers installed (you probably already have them when you unlocked Recovery - they are packed in a ZIP)
-Restart the phone to Fastboot mode (turn on the phone by holding down Vol- and Power), this picture will appear on the phone
Bootloader.jpg

-Run the file "joyeuse_TWRP3.4.1B_autoinstall.exe" on your PC
-Now connect the phone to the PC and click on "Установить"
-Installation will take place, a black text window will open where you have to press Enter several times
-Close the program window on the PC by clicking on "Bыход "
-After installation, hold down the Power button to turn off the phone from Fastboot mode
-After turning on, phone will boot into TWRP, if not jump to TWRP by pressing at the same time Power and Volume+ buttons
-When the TWRP starts up for the first time, you need to immediately click on the language setting button and select English
-Then setup your TWRP, time zone, etc.

Follows the ROM installation:
-Download Recovery version latest ROM 11.0.5
-In TWRP click on Wipe, then on Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt the phone)
-Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! ( important, otherwise it will not work)
-In TWRP, connect the phone to the PC and copy the ROM to Internal storage
-Install ROM (In TWRP click on Install and select ZIP from storage)
-Restart to System

Optional Magisk (Root) Installation
-Magisk 20.4 a Magisk manager 7.5.1 here https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

Backup/Restore ROM in TWRP:
- just back up Data and EFS partitions.
- when restoring, first install the ROM from ZIP and then restore the backup of Data and EFS partitions
- you will get the same phone state as after the backup

Google Pay payments
My mobile payments with local ROM works well, if anyone has a problem, try use the following Magisk module.

instructions from LeX1991:

- uses module MagiskHide Props Config v5.3.1
- install the written Module via Magisk and follow tutorial. Easy and short:
- open any commandline app for android, in my case I used termux
- after installing open termux
- type "su" to grant root permissions
- that type "props"

The following menu will show:
Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-37-21-423_com.termux.jpg
choose option "2", to enable force basic key attestation.

Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-39-52-082_com.termux.jpg
confirm your Phone Model by typing "y" and restart

You are ready to go.
Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-31-23-922_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpgScreenshot_2020-08-17-13-30-02-725_com.amxo.h5.Xs3f.RHr.jpg

Last edited:

rbarat

Members
Apr 17, 2019
Yes, works. It is necessary to install ROM exactly according to the instructions (Format Data is necessary)

Last edited:

szekelyelek

Members
Jan 9, 2016
the autoinstall program must be run first. Then install the fixed image in TWRP. Then dalwik and format. Then reboot recovery and install ROM...

And work well realy

rbarat

Members
Apr 17, 2019
If you install TWRP by using autoinstall.exe, there is not necessary to install IMG file. It's the same TWRP.

szekelyelek

Members
Jan 9, 2016
After autoinstall, the installation of the ROM stopped with an error message. Then after installing the fixed img, everything is OK...

rbarat

Members
Apr 17, 2019
Really? Thanks for info. I forgot write one step in installation instructions. Sorry.

I just modified installation instructions in the first post.Added one new line. After delete Data partition is necessary to reboot TWRP! ROM can only be installed after this restart.

Last edited:

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
Why its only 41 MB?
The other we tried and all other latest twrp have over 130 MB.

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
How? I get System destroyed when flashing this 41 MB recovery.
When flashing 130 MB pitch black by DUNGPHP it works and can flash rom but after that it cant decrypt data.

rbarat

Members
Apr 17, 2019
Just follow the instructions in the first post exactly!!!
You also decrypt the Data partition.

Last edited:

rbarat

Members
Apr 17, 2019
Does the TWRP decrypt data correctly?
There is written in instrucions in first post:
-Erase Data, Cache, Dalvik and Format Data partition

It will reformat the Data partition, you will lose all data.

Last edited:

szekelyelek

Members
Jan 9, 2016
I don't know. I never used these functions, only install.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 9 Pro eszközömről

rbarat

Members
Apr 17, 2019
So, I unlocked next new phone (finally the period of 168 hours had passed) and installed TWRP + ROM exactly according to the instructions in the first post and everything went smoothly. I have slightly improved the instructions to make them clearer.

If you do it exactly according to the instructions, I guarantee functionality!

Last edited: