Dark mode buggy / can't disable for individual apps

ickogolemiq

Members
Dec 14, 2020
Hello!

I recently installed Xiaomi.eu 20.12.10 on my Mi9T and have been loving it. I am a really big fan of dark mode and immediately turned it on in the settings.

To my surprise, it does not function exactly how I wanted it to - it forces every application to a dark mode-ish state, which ultimately results in many apps being completely broken. In fact, the only app that I use, which looks incredibly good with this dark mode is Facebook - so no complaints there.

I would like to turn off the dark mode for certain apps and there is supposed to be a menu in the settings, however on my end it just says "Individual apps" and that's it - no toggles or app selection options are available.

My questions are - is there a way to fix the dark mode and perhaps only use it system-wide and not force every app into dark mode, and also how can I disable/enable dark mode for individual applications?

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:
Hello!

I recently installed Xiaomi.eu 20.12.10 on my Mi9T and have been loving it. I am a really big fan of dark mode and immediately turned it on in the settings.

To my surprise, it does not function exactly how I wanted it to - it forces every application to a dark mode-ish state, which ultimately results in many apps being completely broken. In fact, the only app that I use, which looks incredibly good with this dark mode is Facebook - so no complaints there.

I would like to turn off the dark mode for certain apps and there is supposed to be a menu in the settings, however on my end it just says "Individual apps" and that's it - no toggles or app selection options are available.

My questions are - is there a way to fix the dark mode and perhaps only use it system-wide and not force every app into dark mode, and also how can I disable/enable dark mode for individual applications?

Thank you very much for your help!
Hello,

Workaround to see individual apps list:

1. Try to scroll up or down on the "Individual apps" text until you see the list

If it's not working, follow this instead => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/dark-mode-individual-apps.58436/post-572629

;)

Reactions: ickogolemiq