Developer Rom With Best Battery Life

elpanxr

Members
May 1, 2016
I use latest developer rom but the battery life is really terrible. Could someone recommend a rom that has decent battery life even the best for our device? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

I use latest developer rom but the battery life is really terrible. Could someone recommend a rom that has decent battery life even the best for our device? Thanks in advance!

I don't know on your phone, but on Redmi Note 2 battery is better 6.5.19

In my phone this ROM it's ok. Not great but also not so bad. The really top best I've had in my phone was 6.5.12. With that one I had outstanding battery life and the performance was god too. I didn't roll back because I didn't want to wipe all the data and because MIUI8 it's around the corner.

I don't know on your phone, but on Redmi Note 2 battery is better 6.5.19

This is Mi4c sub-forum ;)

No problems with 6.5.26...! Couldn't tell the difference for any other rom I've used.

- But I always try to keep the 6 cores away of too much work, and the screen turned off most of the time.

Reactions: Stefano131270

7.1.6.0 !!
miui8 - bloody battery vampire
6.5.5. - good, but I was not so happy
6.5.12. - better, but there were still doubts...
7.1.6.0 - I will stay here for a while. 6 hours off charger, 1h screen, 82% left and it's only second charge on this rom....

Guys, I've tried every thing, every roms (chinese stable and developer, miui eu stable and weekly) and now I'm on CM13.1 but my battery life still horrible.
I've used BatteryCalibration app and now Kernel Audiutor (with interactive governor) and stills horrible.

Any Help?
Mi4c

Guys, I've tried every thing, every roms (chinese stable and developer, miui eu stable and weekly) and now I'm on CM13.1 but my battery life still horrible.
I've used BatteryCalibration app and now Kernel Audiutor (with interactive governor) and stills horrible.

Any Help?
Mi4c
I had an Audiutor bad experience: I changed values and after a while default settings came back all the time. Never understood why. I am going in a different direction now... hope that it works...

I had an Audiutor bad experience: I changed values and after a while default settings came back all the time. Never understood why. I am going in a different direction now... hope that it works...
I had too, now I'm using Root Booster and this app keep my configuration after reboot, but I can't see any improve in battery life =/.

Reactions: nur22
Regarding best battery rom:

Take a look at screenshot, all enabled, bt, Wi-Fi, data, voice calls, syncs, mi sync, ALL, no optimizations:
55a0e2cb99abf55cd396403e6c1d891a.jpg

Mi4c @ 7.1.6.0 stable

Poslano sa mog Mi-4c koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: kibattousai
Now I'm happy. 5h SOT =D

I'm with CM 13.1, using the app Doze and I've changed my display resolution to 720p with the app Resolution Changer.

Mi4c - CM13.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160830-235625.png
    Screenshot_20160830-235625.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 570
  • Screenshot_20160830-235620.png
    Screenshot_20160830-235620.png
    73 KB · Views: 625
  • Screenshot_20160831-080132.png
    Screenshot_20160831-080132.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 552
Now I'm happy. 5h SOT =D

I'm with CM 13.1, using the app Doze and I've changed my display resolution to 720p with the app Resolution Changer.

Mi4c - CM13.1
A usar a mesma ROM por causa de problemas de aquecimento, e estou igualmente contente - sem aplicações de terceiros e sem nenhuma configuração especial...!

Now I'm happy. 5h SOT =D

Mi4c - CM13.1

I don't really see the point in reducing resolution to have better battery time. If my phone is good I want to use all it's potencial. If I wanted lower resolution there are cheaper options than the Mi4c.

A usar a mesma ROM por causa de problemas de aquecimento, e estou igualmente contente - sem aplicações de terceiros e sem nenhuma configuração especial...!

How is this ROM working for you? Heating, battery, functions... I'm thinking in maybe give it a try.

How is this ROM working for you? Heating, battery, functions... I'm thinking in maybe give it a try.
I am not a heavy user of the phone, so I don't really have battery problems. On the other hand, I used to have a lot of heating problems, even with the phone idle. Not anymore, even though I didn't do a heavy test, with CM 13.1 the phone is cold or just slightly warm if the screen in on for a long time - but never hot until now.

EDIT: I started with a low battery consuming setting (not the lowest) and I will increase the charge over the CPU until I find the most balanced setting for me. I am not using third party apps or scripts in order to configure the phone. Just native settings.

EDIT: it's Android 6.0.1, quite different from MIUI, but as clean and functional as MIUI. I like it.

EDIT: I am using the Team SuperLuminal version.

Last edited:
I'm on 6.5.26 and switched off MIUI Optimization and RAM Optimization (both in Developer options) and Battery Life is very good. For me generally it lasts for 2 days.

I'm on 6.5.26 and switched off MIUI Optimization and RAM Optimization (both in Developer options) and Battery Life is very good. For me generally it lasts for 2 days.
Well I tried to disable Miui Optimization but after that I am unable to attach any file to an e-mail - Gmail app, Bowser access, native mail app, no matter which, I can't attach a file to a message. I tried several times, on and off, and confirmed that issue.

Well I tried to disable Miui Optimization but after that I am unable to attach any file to an e-mail - Gmail app, Bowser access, native mail app, no matter which, I can't attach a file to a message. I tried several times, on and off, and confirmed that issue.
I believe, this is related to the DocumentsUI.apk problems. Try this solution (I can't post Links!) : look into the "MIUI Weekly Rom Releases" Forum, Subforum "6.8.25" and search for "DocumentsUI.apk". The relevant post is post # 513 from user @ingbrzy . He is offering an alternate DocumentsUI.apk. I replaced the original by this alternate app and everything works. You must be rooted to replace a system app! Dont forget to change the permissions and reboot! You should also check in "Settings->Apps", if Documents is disabled. Disabled Apps are listed at the bottom of the App list.

Reactions: Rui Cambraia

Altere sua resolução para 720 x 1280p e 320dpi e seja feliz =D

I don't really see the point in reducing resolution to have better battery time. If my phone is good I want to use all it's potencial. If I wanted lower resolution there are cheaper options than the Mi4c.

You're wrong. Lower resolution means lower CPU and GPU stress, with that we have lower battery consumption. About the "potencial" in a 5" display we can't see any diference between 720p or 1080p.
I'm with 5 hours SOT, if you want it too, give a try.

Sorry about my english

Reactions: Rui Cambraia
I believe, this is related to the DocumentsUI.apk problems. Try this solution (I can't post Links!) : look into the "MIUI Weekly Rom Releases" Forum, Subforum "6.8.25" and search for "DocumentsUI.apk". The relevant post is post # 513 from user @ingbrzy . He is offering an alternate DocumentsUI.apk. I replaced the original by this alternate app and everything works. You must be rooted to replace a system app! Dont forget to change the permissions and reboot! You should also check in "Settings->Apps", if Documents is disabled. Disabled Apps are listed at the bottom of the App list.
Ok, thanks for the reply. I will keep the information and the *.apk file, in case I go back to MIUI. For now I'm happy testing CM13...!

Guys, is this normal?
d641c1d99b9d9943d459b466b5a03237.jpg

Looks like Cell Standby uses so much resources. Also Apps use 75% of battery.
I'm using Miui 6.7.14. No optimisation.

Hi, i try do downgrade from latest Miui8 v6.9.8 weekly to Miui7 v7.1.6.0 stable and a get error in twrp "can't copy to /system".
I check arhive and it's not corrupted.
I have twrp 3.0.2.0. All other rom's are flashing succesfully. How can i downgrade to 7.1.6.0?
Thank you!

I am probably going to do that soon myself, just to see if I can get 2 days of battery life out of this phone...