Device encryption MI2S?

Snuffie

Members
Dec 1, 2013
Since December I am the proud owner of a MI2s. A really great phone and I love thus community. I had some problems with receiving my registration confirmation, but now I am fully registered!

I am trying all kind of things from this forum (great tips) and I also used it to read my corporate mail with Lotus Notes.
Not long ago my company decided to update the mail server and a new version of Lotus Notes was required and device encryption.

In MIUI/WIUI I can't find this option. So in true dual boot I installed cm 10 and cm 11 and chose the option to encrypt. This did not work, it hangs on the android drawing and after a reboot I needed to install my ROMs again.

I also tried the guard mode in MIUI, but of course lotus notes did not buy this...

So I am now stuck with this problem.
I googled a lot in this issue, but no success.

So I am wondering if it is possible at all? I can't imagine I am the only person with this problem.

Are there any smart guys that can help me?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

It may be also possible that the problem comes from the apps (ibm). You may confirm that problem with another person using android to access lotus notes. If that is the case then just wait for the app developer to fix the problem.

Device encryption is an option in android: settings --> security --> encryption

So Traveler needs encryption and the company says to use it. But I now tried to use the normal exchange server option with the same server settings and that also works.

So I can read my mail with the normal email-app and see all my calendars in the same app.

And this all without encrypting the device.