Device encryption

undefined

Members
Oct 31, 2018
Hello,
are there any known issues or things I should know before enabling device encryption?
Like problems with updates or with twrp or anything else?

Thank you and kind regards
undefined Bob

Hello,
are there any known issues or things I should know before enabling device encryption?
Like problems with updates or with twrp or anything else?

Thank you and kind regards
undefined Bob
From my past and long experience with MI8 and other similar family phone you can't enable encryption via settings.
This leads to "format data" as result...
Only way is to modify fstab file by hand or via zipencrypt.zip
All recipe are available here in forum.
EDIT: I forgot:
Best regards, you are welcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: undefined
oh thank you very much LOLO9393.
I did not know it will not work from the settings. Because I just saw this option in the settings and wanted to try it but then I thought it might be better to ask here first before I do something bad. Looks like it was the right choice :)

Sorry for the maybe dumb question, but without encryption and only with fingerprint/face unlock, everybody can read my phone data when they plug it in a computer, right?

Thank you very much and kind regards
Undefined Bob

oh thank you very much LOLO9393.
I did not know it will not work from the settings. Because I just saw this option in the settings and wanted to try it but then I thought it might be better to ask here first before I do something bad. Looks like it was the right choice :)

Sorry for the maybe dumb question, but without encryption and only with fingerprint/face unlock, everybody can read my phone data when they plug it in a computer, right?

Thank you very much and kind regards
Undefined Bob
YES! and in 2 mn time I can bypass your password and make your phone mine if I am not a good friend!
Frankly it is unsecured as much to go without encryption.
Think about getting it set.

Reactions: undefined
Hello, good day. How to Encrypt Redmi A1+ Phone? Nothing comes up when I press it. Thank you for your help!
Encrypt phone.jpg

Hi Thank You for your help! I just bought this from the store but i just realized this. is encrypted. so can i remove this password? Please. Please.. Help Me
Which password? What do you mean? You want to remove device encryption? Why the hell would you want to do this?
And this is the Mi8 sub-forum. Not the A1+

Reactions: Mosumaharramov
As far as I know this is not done easily. You would have to flash it with a modified rom or at least some kind of patch files with the rom to remove the forced device encryption. I would try looking for help at xda forum
Thank you for your help!