Invalid Device is not play protect Certified.

Tevin

Members
Jun 13, 2021
Hi guys i'm reporting a bug on redmi 9t/note 94G.
All the latest zip of xiaomi eu stable rom from version 12.0.14 have this bug of device is not play protect certified so you can't sign in to your google account after you clean flash these latest roms to the current 12.0.18.
The only working rom after clean flash or factory reset is version 12.0.12.
Please developer review all those roms. The only work around i found was to dirty flash any of the latest roms on top of 12.0.12 which you already signed to your google account but the problem is don't ever factory reset the device or wipe data on recovery you will never sign again to your google account device will always say NOT PLAY PROTECT CERTIFIED...

How will i do that its all new to me bro..... Sorry if thats too much for me. I find it a problem as a new member so i signed up to post this issue. I never experienced such a problem on my previous xiaomi device.

I don't know how. Just saying that we don't certify ROMs, only Xiaomi can do that.

But why i cant find that issue on weekly roms? The only reason why i stick on stable eu rom is that its more stable weekly roms on redmi 9t are slow on opening apps especially CAMERA app. Please help. I can request something though i cant recompile those roms just replace the google play services of version 12.0.12 to those latest roms on stable eu it will surely work. Its just dat i cant unpack and repack the roms. Please consider my idea to save time for all those roms.

But why i cant find that issue on weekly roms? The only reason why i stick on stable eu rom is that its more stable weekly roms on redmi 9t are slow on opening apps especially CAMERA app. Please help. I can request something though i cant recompile those roms just replace the google play services of version 12.0.12 to those latest roms on stable eu it will surely work. Its just dat i cant unpack and repack the roms. Please consider my idea to save time for all those roms.
What are you even talking about here? Replace Google Play services? What for? What does this have anything to do with ROM certification?
We use a known certified [and usually old] build fingerprint on Weekly ROMs. We don't touch it on Stable ROMs, hence the certification is up to Xiaomi.

Wow seems i cant get help. Thank you for your response. Lemmi leave it like that. It was just a suggestion.

Wow seems i cant get help. Thank you for your response. Lemmi leave it like that. It was just a suggestion.
Your options are simple:
1. Wait for the latest build to get certified (if ever).
2. Downgrade to an older certified build.
3. Migrate to Weekly.

Your options are simple:
1. Wait for the latest build to get certified (if ever).
2. Downgrade to an older certified build.
3. Migrate to Weekly.
Option 1. I did from 12.0.14 to 12.0.18 same issue not certified.
Option 2. Thats what i have now feeling sad i cant use those latest features on your latest builds because of certification.
Option 3. I chose to stick to stable because weekly has a bug of slow launching of apps i dont know if its a bug but cant find such on stable builds.

• Love
Reactions: maruf_666
Hello @Tevin, I will give you a little tip: If you want to be 99% certain that the latest ROM by Xiaomi.eu is Google certified, you can check if the version of the ROM is present here => https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/lime/roms-cn-stable/

I can't find 12.0.18.0 by Xiaomi.eu on SourceForge (removed I guess), but 12.0.17.0 should be certified. To check the SafetyNet (certification) result, use this app => https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottyab.safetynet.sample

;)
Thanks for your kind reply.... Even version 12.0.14.0 if you clean flash it has that problem too its a problm but one of the developers says not their problm felt like it was an arrogant reply but i just left it to be im on version 12.0.12.0 its the only stable rom which is google play protect certified. Thanks so much for your kind reply again.

Reactions: Poney70
Option 1. I did from 12.0.14 to 12.0.18 same issue not certified.
Option 2. Thats what i have now feeling sad i cant use those latest features on your latest builds because of certification.
Option 3. I chose to stick to stable because weekly has a bug of slow launching of apps i dont know if its a bug but cant find such on stable builds.
Since 12.0.18 was removed by project leader (probably because it appeared to be uncertified), try 12.0.17.

I've no where to get help even after posting this as an issue... I clean flashed miui v 12.0.16.0 stable EU for redmi 9t/note 9 4G.
Now check the attachment below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-14-10-17-04-953_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-14-10-17-04-953_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 676
  • Screenshot_2021-06-14-10-16-46-342_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-14-10-16-46-342_com.android.settings.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 728
  • Screenshot_2021-06-14-10-16-15-503_com.scottyab.safetynet.sample.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-14-10-16-15-503_com.scottyab.safetynet.sample.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 556
I am not sure to understand what more help you are expecting.

You don't want to use weekly, and you need a certified ROM. Xiaomi won't certify all stable ROMs and you know that 12.0.12 and maybe 12.0.17 are certified. The path seems clear for me.

I've no where to get help even after posting this as an issue... I clean flashed miui v 12.0.16.0 stable EU for redmi 9t/note 9 4G.
Now check the attachment below.
To maybe help Xiaomi.eu devs, you can also do this:

1. Unlock 'Developer options' menu => https://www.gitmobiles.com/how-to-enable-developer-option-in-miui-12/

2. Enable "USB debugging" in 'Developer options' menu

3. Connect to PC and enter adb shell getprop > props.txt in Command Prompt / PowerShell

4. Give authorization to your PC on the phone when asked

5. Share the "props.txt" file here (or use a file hoster like "SendSpace.com" if file is too big)

:)

Reactions: JiaiJ
To maybe help Xiaomi.eu devs, you can also do this:

1. Unlock 'Developer options' menu => https://www.gitmobiles.com/how-to-enable-developer-option-in-miui-12/

2. Enable "USB debugging" in 'Developer options' menu

3. Connect to PC and enter adb shell getprop > props.txt in Command Prompt / PowerShell

4. Give authorization to your PC on the phone when asked

5. Share the "props.txt" file here (or use a file hoster like "SendSpace.com" if file is too big)

:)
We have no use for his props file... if the ROM isn't certified there's nothing we can do about it.

I really love xiaomi eu roms but the way i see it now its strange to me and the yesterday when i posted dis i got a really arrogant reply from one of the dev. Its no big deal bt the issue was its becomes a problem if the rom cant use google services at all and they are integrated to the rom itself. A device can have dat error on playstore stating device is not certified mostly due to unlocked bootloader but this is a problem you cant run any google service at all.

I really love xiaomi eu roms but the way i see it now its strange to me and the yesterday when i posted dis i got a really arrogant reply from one of the dev. Its no big deal bt the issue was its becomes a problem if the rom cant use google services at all and they are integrated to the rom itself. A device can have dat error on playstore stating device is not certified mostly due to unlocked bootloader but this is a problem you cant run any google service at all.
There is a simple misunderstanding... I'm here to understand, as I'm a simple Xiaomi.eu ROMs user, your issue and if Xiaomi.eu can fix it or not. ;)

Can you use the "SafetyNet Checker" app and make a screenshot? :)

There is a simple misunderstanding... I'm here to understand, as I'm a simple Xiaomi.eu ROMs user, your issue and if Xiaomi.eu can fix it or not. ;)

Can you use the "SafetyNet Checker" app and make a screenshot? :)
@Poney70 its been a privilege you talk so well and you have seen its a problem the main issue is the whole rom can't run google services at all. I just switched to weekly because i dont like ads on stock miui rom even though i hate the weekly roms ive no choice now. Weekly doesn't have this problem of play protect the only issue i see on weekly redmi 9t/note 94G is slow app lauching speed. And a white page which takes some seconds to load the app which i click to open.

@Poney70 its been a privilege you talk so well and you have seen its a problem the main issue is the whole rom can't run google services at all. I just switched to weekly because i dont like ads on stock miui rom even though i hate the weekly roms ive no choice now. Weekly doesn't have this problem of play protect the only issue i see on weekly redmi 9t/note 94G is slow app lauching speed. And a white page which takes some seconds to load the app which i click to open.
The slow apps opening issue seems related to MIUI based on Android 11, on low/middle-end chipsets...

On my Mi 9T it's "acceptable", it has a SnapDragon 730 chipset. The chipset of your device is a low-end one so it doesn't help. ^^