Device Not Detected In Fastboot

RegnaM

Members
Oct 30, 2016
Hello,

I bought 2 redmi 3s 32gb international edition on geekbuying and it seems m'y computer doesn't detect any of them in fastboot.

I've successfully installed latest global dev rom, activated usb debug and eom unlocking.

I've also requested unlocking from mi.com, it was granted 1week ago.

When i use mi unlock, it cannot detect my device (50% blocked).

My computer installed bootloader drivers correctly and detect my phone but it doesn't help.

Command Line "fastboot" returns "waiting for device".

Mii suite doesn't detect my phone either. Mii flash tool too.

I literally spent days to try to fix it.

I've tried different usb câble and ports too. Different Pc too (both on Win10 64bits).

I'm really savvy with computers but really I don't know what to do else.

I'm clearly lost and would greatly appreciate any help!

Best Regards.

Last edited:
1.use minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4 and MiFlashSetup-Beta
2.while your phone is in fastboot mode you can type theese comand's in the terminal window (properly installled driver needed, read / watch more about this!):
->fastboot oem edl<- this is EDL mode (black screen)
->fastboot devices<- check if terminal is conected or not with a fastboot device
->fastboot oem device-info<- check device is unlocked

Last edited:
Do it on an old win7 pc/laptop. I have also read that disabling Driver Signature Enforcement (elevated command prompt: bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS ) would do the trick, but I just went for a win7 laptop I had lying around.
There is a known problem with the drivers (and Mi PCSuite aswel) on win10 64bit.

Thanks I fixed it by using virtualbox and free windows 7 image ( https :// developer.microsoft.
com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/#downloads )

I had to enable usb2 support in settings.

Installed minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4 and MiFlashSetup-Beta

Miunlock worked fine and phone is now unlocked.

I now have to wait 30 days to unlock my 2nd redmi