Difference between the weekly EU.Rom and Stable Roms

zanzaboii

Members
Sep 29, 2020
Hey everyone, I looked around the internet but couldn't find an answer to this question.

What are the differences between the stable release and the weekly ones? Does the stable one ever get updated or lag behind the weekly rom?

Which's one better to have in terms of battery life and performance?

Cheers in advance

What are the differences between the stable release and the weekly ones?
Weekly are Beta ROMs with new features and bug fixes every week. Stable is basically an older Weekly that was tested sufficiently by Xiaomi to be considered stable.

Does the stable one ever get updated or lag behind the weekly rom?
Of course the Stable branch lags behind the Weekly. Stable is released once in a while (could be few times per month, or even once in a few months).
Weekly (aka Beta) is released every week (except during Chinese holidays).

Which's one better to have in terms of battery life and performance?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer for that question. Depends on many factors.

Reactions: zanzaboii
Thank you for your detailed reply! I also wanted to double check an understanding that I came to.

It looks like updating your MIUI.EU version through TWRP with each release doesn't delete any of your user data, am I correct in this?

Thank you for your detailed reply! I also wanted to double check an understanding that I came to.

It looks like updating your MIUI.EU version through TWRP with each release doesn't delete any of your user data, am I correct in this?
Yes as long as you don't format the data

Reactions: zanzaboii