Different ringtones dual sim

neo_owner

Members
Aug 11, 2014
I have a neo n003, and have tried miui for a while, but a really annoying thing is that it dosent seem to be possible to assign a different ringtone to each simcard. It was very easy to handle on stock android, ( using dual sim manager) but that does not work on miui, there is nice support for dual sim on miui except for this problem. I am using it for work/ private, so it is important for me to hear who is calling.

Have anyone found a solution to this problem?

Use DualSim Ringtone from Google Play. Hope it helps (works for me)

Tanks for the suggestion. I have tried that too, it didn't work for me.:-\
I now use a solution with tasker, and a plugin for mtk based DualSim phones. That has solved it for me. :)

Yes, certainly. I have bought Tasker in play store, and I have bought MTK control (Dual Sim), although i think the free version will do the job.

In tasker i create two profiles, one for incoming Call on sim 1, (in tasker event, select plugin, mtk control, incoming call sim 1.). In action i select media, play Ringtone an then the ringtone i prefer, set the type and stream to ringer.

Then a similar profile for incoming call on sim 2. Different ringtone of course:)

Two more profiles Are needed. One for event "unhook phone" with action stop. And one for "missed call" with action stop. To prevent ringtone to continue playing.

Thats it. And be sure to select none for default ringtone in normal settings in miui, or you will have two melodies playing.

On my phone Tasker report no profiles active in status bar, despite they are set to active in tasker. But it works anyway.

Same method applies to incoming sms. Good luck.:)

Last edited: