Do i lose my individual Display calibration When i flash xiomi.eu/any custom rom

justinh999

Members
Jul 17, 2021
Hello, I have a question. i heard xiomi calibrates each display individually before shipping a device. My question now is this calibration saved in the software because on my device (poco f3) was already installed that fixes the display dimming problems, so if I now play the xiomi EU rom I lose this calibration because the xiomi EU rom is universal right?
Another question I have a device with eu firmware (see MIUI version) but at the top left it says global again although the MIUI version clearly says I have the Europe firmware. Screenshot_2021-07-27-11-26-52-922_com.android.settings.jpg

It is hard to answer if you are not into Poco F3 calibration.

For the second part, nothing in your screenshot shows it is a Xiaomi.eu firmware, but I don't own a F3 to say it for sure.

On a Mi Note 10, it looks like that :

It is hard to answer if you are not into Poco F3 calibration.

For the second part, nothing in your screenshot shows it is a Xiaomi.eu firmware, but I don't own a F3 to say it for sure.

On a Mi Note 10, it looks like that :
View attachment 37996
no, you can see that in the miui version is eu and when I try to update with a gloabal firmware oacket an error comes out but if I use an eu update packet it works and the firmware version 12.5.3 is only available in europe
does my display see as differently (the colors ...) when i flash the xiimi.eu rom?

Last edited:
You don't have custom xiaomi.eu (EU) ROM - The basis is Chinese ROM......
You have the Official Global EEA ROM.

If you want to install xiaomi.eu ROM here is the guide: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...u-rom-for-redmi-k40-poco-f3-using-twrp.61851/
but if I have the Europa Rome why is MIUI global in the top left?
I also want to install the xiomi.eu Rom because I don't like the Poco Launcher that much, but because of the calibration of my display I am unsure that diplay looks different after installing the xiomi.eu Rom, e.g. the colors different

Because you have the official Global ROM in the EEA

You don't have custom xiaomi.eu (EU) ROM

Reactions: geoorg
Official "Global" = Any other region than China for Xiaomi...
You have an Official "Global" EEA (EEA = European Economic Area) ROM.
O.k now i understand thanks
My Other question
left?
I also want to install the xiomi.eu Rom because I don't like the Poco Launcher that much, but because of the calibration of my display I am unsure that diplay looks different after installing the xiomi.eu Rom, e.g. the colors different

I can't answer about screen calibration but you have no worries to try & use Xiaomi.eu ROMs... ;)

I can't answer about screen calibration but you have no worry to try & use Xiaomi.eu ROMs... ;)
yes I would my problem is assumed the calibration of the display is stored in the software of the mobile phone and I now flash the xiomi.eu Rom then the calibration would be gone but if I then flash the original Rom via twrp again the calibration is still gone since it is about the stock firmware but a universal one or can I make backups of all partitions with twrp and restore them without problems? or does the phone no longer boot Then ?

have now installed the latest stable xiomi.eu rom for my poco f3 but i am wondering . at the offical europa firmware i have secruity patches 06/2021.at the xiomi.eu rom ihave secriuity patches from 05/2021. Why does the xiomi.eu rom have older secruity patches? do i must flash the newest beta to get up to date secruity patches?

Because Xiaomi did not update the patch for the Chinese ROM Xiaomi.eu is based upon.
The weekly is not automatically up to date with the patches either.

Reactions: Poney70
Just to expand your common knowledge:

"MIUI" (China ROM) comes in a single generic flavor, "CN" in version name.

"MIUI Global" can be anything of the following variants:
Global (International, "MI" in version name)
EEAGlobal (European Economic Area, "EU" in version name)
IDGlobal (Indonesia, "ID" in version name)
INGlobal (India, "IN" in version name)
RUGlobal (Russian, "RU" in version name)
TRGlobal (Turkey, "TR" in version name)
TWGlobal (Taiwan, "TW" in version name)

Yours is EEAGlobal, thus "EU" in version name, but all of this has nothing to do with us.
Our custom ROMs for this device are based on the China ROM for Redmi K40 (the Chinese variant of the same hardware), thus you'll see "MIUI by xiaomi.eu" instead of just "MIUI" or "MIUI Global", and "CN" in the version name (on Stable ROMs).

Hello, I have a question. i heard xiomi calibrates each display individually before shipping a device. My question now is this calibration saved in the software because on my device (poco f3) was already installed that fixes the display dimming problems, so if I now play the xiomi EU rom I lose this calibration because the xiomi EU rom is universal right?
Another question I have a device with eu firmware (see MIUI version) but at the top left it says global again although the MIUI version clearly says I have the Europe firmware.View attachment 37994

Yeah any version other than China ROM Xiaomi calls it "Global" for some reason but yeah, you have the Global EU version (EEA), i wouldn't worry about calibration of the screen as long as you install the correct version for your phone. You can always make a backup of your phone before flashing Xiaomi.eu