Does MIUI12 has Super Wallpaper?

mihalyn90

Members
Jan 8, 2017
I saw the new feature, and I see that some are having it on MI9, but I can't find it in MI 9T... any info?

Watch this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Love
Reactions: mihalyn90
yeah but it would have been better if they just enable it on xiaomi.eu

now what about AOD?

Super Wallpaper takes a heavy toll on the graphics of the device. We will keep it supported on the same devices that are officially supported by Xiaomi, which are Snapdragon 8XX devices currently.

Reactions: Poney70
that is just sad :|
The sad thing is that you buy an entry-level/mid-range device, yet expect the same features, capabilities and performance of a high-end device.
This is just not going to happen. Those wallpapers are not just videos, those are actual 3D rendered graphics.

Well still it is sad.. my mi 9t is brand new and I think it is quite a capable device :) yet I am missing some nice features just because I refuse to spend a lot of money every 6 months to be on top...

The sad thing is that you buy an entry-level/mid-range device, yet expect the same features, capabilities and performance of a high-end device.
This is just not going to happen. Those wallpapers are not just videos, those are actual 3D rendered graphics.
I have a Mi9T and the super wallpapers APK by Linuxct is working fine. I'd argue that it would still make sense to enable super wallpapers on such devices (it's not like those wallpapers are set by default).

I have a Mi9T and the super wallpapers APK by Linuxct is working fine. I'd argue that it would still make sense to enable super wallpapers on such devices (it's not like those wallpapers are set by default).
Including the whole package will take up a bit over 250MB. Even Mi 8 is only left with about 60MB of free space on system partition, can't imagine how lower-tier devices would handle that. That's besides the point that if we include them and they cause lag, battery drain or overheating on devices that are not supposed to support them, we're going to have to deal with the complaints on the forum. I see no point in that. You can always use that third-party APK, at least we won't be held reponsible if anything goes wrong.

Reactions: rvfaelo
Including the whole package will take up a bit over 250MB. Even Mi 8 is only left with about 60MB of free space on system partition, can't imagine how lower-tier devices would handle that. That's besides the point that if we include them and they cause lag, battery drain or overheating on devices that are not supposed to support them, we're going to have to deal with the complaints on the forum. I see no point in that. You can always use that third-party APK, at least we won't be held reponsible if anything goes wrong.
Alright that makes perfect sense, thanks for the explanation

Well still it is sad.. my mi 9t is brand new and I think it is quite a capable device :) yet I am missing some nice features just because I refuse to spend a lot of money every 6 months to be on top...
Hello,

There is enough space in "System" partition - for K20/Mi 9T devices - in xiaomi.eu weekly ROM to install Earth and Mars Super Wallpapers. ;)

But if you use Magisk, you should first install Termux (and open it at least once) then install my Magisk module. It will magically not take many "System" space. ^^

Check my following post => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/super-wallpaper-does-not-available-in-mi-9t.55608/#post-541686

:)

Reactions: NiekvdMaas
Hello,

There is enough space in "System" partition - for K20/Mi 9T devices - in xiaomi.eu weekly ROM to install Earth and Mars Super Wallpapers. ;)

But if you use Magisk, you should first install Termux (and open it at least once) then install my Magisk module. It will magically not take many "System" space. ^^

Check my following post => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/super-wallpaper-does-not-available-in-mi-9t.55608/#post-541686

:)
Great work, the TWRP install worked flawless!

• Love