Does The Android System Battery Drain Bug Exist On 8.1.5.0(stable Version By Xiaomi.eu)for Redmi 3s?

David22

Members
Nov 12, 2016
Currently I use the latest weekly by xiaomi.eu as my daily driver and this is the only annoying bug for me. This happens after charging, Android System/OS makes a wakelock and it only ends, if I restart the phone. I did a clean install because of this, because I wiped the system partition when I installed the xiaomi.eu ROM (Not wiped when updated.) and I thought that this is the reason of the bug. So I did it, and first install an official ROM with MiFlash and start over the installation of xiaomi.eu ROM, this time I don't wiped the system partition. Well, it's better now, but the bug isn't gone fully, now the another Android process keeps my phone awake after charging (formerly "Android System", now "Android OS"). The battery drain is now not as intense as formerly, but it's annoying, though.
I like the weekly updates and new features, but if that's the price, then I use the stable version.

What bug and where do you observe it ? If you base the % in the battery info screen it's not a bug, it's just the difference of usage out of 100%. Learn how to subtract.

I don't think that you understood my problem right. My problem is that my phone drains too fast after charging and no rebooting (around 10% a night with turned on airplane mode and turned off sync) because process Android OS or Android System keeps the phone awake and don't let it to go to sleep. So it's a wakelock. But if I reboot my phone (and until I charge it) the wakelock is gone, those processes let the phone sleep, there isn't a wakelock and my phone drains around 0-1% a night with turned on airplane mode and turned off sync.

Now I'm on xiaomi.eu 8.2
7.1.20 battery life pretty good
10 percent/hr
I really like this rom

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

Hi, I installed the 8.1.5.0 since one week. I will look at your point and let you know.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3S utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, I installed the 8.1.5.0 since one week. I will look at your point and let you know.

Thanks in advance. :)

Now I'm on xiaomi.eu 8.2
7.1.20 battery life pretty good
10 percent/hr
I really like this rom

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk
I'm on that version too, but I notice this around since I have this phone. I noticed it on official global developer too. By the way, I found one possibe cause of the bug, so I will particularly pay attention for the battery stats for the next few charges. Wakelock Detector Lite was installed on my phone until now, due Android limitations I have to enable it via ADB to make it work properly. I don't know, why it would make a wakelock, but it worth a try. If there will be any result, I will write it here.

I did charge the phone and than put it in airplane mode, I switched off sync too.
Battery drain over the night was 0%. It seems no wakelock happened.

I did charge the phone and than put it in airplane mode, I switched off sync too.
Battery drain over the night was 0%. It seems no wakelock happened.

Thank you for your reply. My idea did not work, I uninstalled Greenify, but the battery drain still exist. But if I remember correctly, after a clean install the first 2-3 charging was problem free, after them comes the wakelock problem... But thanks again, I will probably try the stable ROM, when I have some time for it.

Nope ,no problems at all , this is my last battery ussage :
Screenshot_2017-02-10-14-36-09-015_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Nope ,no problems at all , this is my last battery ussage : View attachment 15198
Thanks.

By the way, how did you install this ROM? So which partitions did you wipe and from which ROM did you come?
----- Edited:
Most látom, beszélsz magyarul. Nyugodtan válaszolhatsz így is, így talán jobban megértem. :p

Last edited:
Thanks.

By the way, how did you install this ROM? So which partitions did you wipe and from which ROM did you come?
----- Edited:
Most látom, beszélsz magyarul. Nyugodtan válaszolhatsz így is, így talán jobban megértem. :p

Szevasz :) !
Az hogy milyen varziora irod folul a xiaomi.eu rom -okat az teljesen mindegy!
1.eloszor a Bootloader ki kell legyen blokkolva (unlock)
2.fell kell instalaljad a TWRP-t ,maskepp ( custom recovery)
3.felteszed a letoltott ROM-ot a belso mem. vagy sd kartyara
4.belepsz TWRP -be na mar most az elso es legfontosabb csinalj egy teljes mentest (backup) . aztan ramesz a WHIPE menu-re majd advanced wipe s kivalasztod :
Dalvik cache , cache , data ( ajanlom hogy ezt is ,igy egy teljesen tiszta android-ot kapsz ,de nem muszaly ,ha kiurited a data particiot minden ,program ,jatek ,beallitas stb elveszodik) csak ezt a harmat !

Regen szokas volt a system particiot is de mar nem kell mert be van epitve az installalas folyamataba !

Ha barmi kerdesed van szivesen valaszolok ,segitek (kitapasztaltam mar mindent ,mar el is rontottam es helyre is hoztam mar tobszor az enyemet ) !

I think that is miui bug, because I met this bug in redmi 3.
I 've use redmi 3s in 8.1.5 has the same bug. But when i downgrade to 8.1.4 that bug disappears.