Does unlocked bootloader affect banking apps or other anti root apps

And you can try build in "Dual Apps". My Banking App (Swiss Post Banking) does not work - it detects root (Magisk in use). I had to download and install the app from the playstore (dont start the app), clone it and then use the cloned one. The cloned one never detected root.

Thank you, the more options the better.
Some apps are subject to compulsory updates, making the future very uncertain.

Like Mark wrote, root is not really needed. With the .EU rom, you will have more than enough options to customize for a safe daily.
Just to add some infos: my account checking app and paypal worked straight after the .EU flash; but for the contactless payment, i had to turn of USB debug mode in developper's options, which is really not a big deal since the weekly updates can be done without (i also hid again the developper's options).

Reactions: Profixit and Mark F
Like Mark wrote, root is not really needed. With the .EU rom, you will have more than enough options to customize for a safe daily.
Just to add some infos: my account checking app and paypal worked straight after the .EU flash; but for the contactless payment, i had to turn of USB debug mode in developper's options, which is really not a big deal since the weekly updates can be done without (i also hid again the developper's options).

Thanks for your input.

This is your opinion ;) But many other need root - like me. I would never use an Android without root rights. Android without root is like Apple or Windows without admin rights.

I payed for the the device - I have the full control over the device

I understand where your coming from and share that attitude.
Root is not my focus. I accept the implications and consequences of root.

If I didn't have my heart set on the Mi 11 pro, with it's geographical constraint... China Rom. I wouldn't even unlock the bootloader.

I've got my hands on it and sideloaded play store, so far so good.
I want to update to the latest China Rom, if I do so, will I be able to relock the bootloader.

No problem here with Mi 11 Ultra on EU stable ROM. I have three different banking app working fully.

I have no checked contactless payment with Google Pay yet, but that app didn't show any error message when I added my credit/debit cards.

Regards.
I already tried contactless payment with Google Pay and WiZink app, and both work perfectly (although I needed to change from "wallet SIM" to "wallet HCE" on NFC configuration menu).

Reactions: Profixit
Thanks for your input Portamento; I have it set to wallet Sim, without problems, Barclay's App.
I Have updated to the latest OTA China ROM (12.5.11) bootloader locked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Portamento
My answer might be too late but you can first hide root from your banking app then hide magisk in the settings

Attachments

• IMG_20210807_155946.jpg
    IMG_20210807_155946.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 306
Reactions: Profixit
Unfortunately, it's hit or miss, no Guarantees. We can only share our experiences.
If I have problems with banking apps, I know I can return to official ROM's and lock BL and live with Chinese keyboard characters and apps.

Unfortunately, it's hit or miss, no Guarantees. We can only share our experiences.
If I have problems with banking apps, I know I can return to official ROM's and lock BL and live with Chinese keyboard characters and apps.
How did you get on with this? I'm also in the UK and like you, have my heart set on the mi 11 pro. Are you still on China ROM with Google Play, Google Pay and banking apps all working or did you have to use EU Rom?

How did you get on with this? I'm also in the UK and like you, have my heart set on the mi 11 pro. Are you still on China ROM with Google Play, Google Pay and banking apps all working or did you have to use EU Rom?
It doesn't matter if you bootloader is unlocked when using the Xiaomi.eu rom. The fact that bootloader is unlocked is hidden and it passes SafetyNet for Google Pay.

However, that is if you root your phone. By itself it passes SafetyNet for Google Pay and for many banking apps, you merely need to delete the TWRP folder. I am using the Wells Fargo banking app with no problem, I can also use Google Pay at stores with no problem. However, if I flash the global or EEA stock roms, they do not work with an unlocked bootloader and if you try to reloack the phone, you can have other problems, unless you flash the original stock rom that came from the factory on your device.