Dolby Mobile Control, stereo/mono?

ubelai

Members
Feb 5, 2013
Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone has found a particular stock setting for audio output.

When put aside many other different phones (that of which have comparable outputs when set to stock eq, no ext sound settings {Samsung, LG, iPhones etc}) it seems that the audio lacks of complete spectral qualities.

I'll also clarify that this has nothing to do with the phone speaker, but the 3.5mm AUX output or even Bluetooth output.

What could be the cause of this? A soundcard problematic? Me being sophisticated about music I don't rely on any HiFi enhancements (also a big factor in music production, that of which I also partake) finding this quite frustrating.

If anyone has an explanation to this scenario, please comment forth. Am willing to hear your experiences.

Ubelai

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone has found a particular stock setting for audio output.

When put aside many other different phones (that of which have comparable outputs when set to stock eq, no ext sound settings {Samsung, LG, iPhones etc}) it seems that the audio lacks of complete spectral qualities.

I'll also clarify that this has nothing to do with the phone speaker, but the 3.5mm AUX output or even Bluetooth output.

What could be the cause of this? A soundcard problematic? Me being sophisticated about music I don't rely on any HiFi enhancements (also a big factor in music production, that of which I also partake) finding this quite frustrating.

If anyone has an explanation to this scenario, please comment forth. Am willing to hear your experiences.

Ubelai

Ubelai

Yes the Dobly in your Mi-2 is a really annoyance for those who enjoy pure music especially without compressions or distortions. I'm still trying to tune the sound with some mod's but the frist thing that I recomend is: Turn off the Dobly, it literally changes your sound in the worst way possible, the high is without clarity, the bass is muffed and the middles are confused at all.

Reactions: ubelai
Ubelai

Yes the Dobly in your Mi-2 is a really annoyance for those who enjoy pure music especially without compressions or distortions. I'm still trying to tune the sound with some mod's but the frist thing that I recomend is: Turn off the Dobly, it literally changes your sound in the worst way possible, the high is without clarity, the bass is muffed and the middles are confused at all.

THANK YOU. Your understanding means millions to me.

I myself have resorted to having it off as well, it just seems to nerf the sound beyond the natural.

Viper mod has given me a little aid in sound volume output but there still seems to be a lack of quality, especially in percussive basses, which tend to sound flat and frequency chopped.

Big up if we find a solution!

THANK YOU. Your understanding means millions to me.

I myself have resorted to having it off as well, it just seems to nerf the sound beyond the natural.

Viper mod has given me a little aid in sound volume output but there still seems to be a lack of quality, especially in percussive basses, which tend to sound flat and frequency chopped.

Big up if we find a solution!

Ubelai

Like I said I'm still testing some mod's specially with some DSP by software trying to make the sound more natural as possible, it's a lot of testing and hours listening, as soon I get progress will be posted.

Ubelai

Like I said I'm still testing some mod's specially with some DSP by software trying to make the sound more natural as possible, it's a lot of testing and hours listening, as soon I get progress will be posted.

A lot of testing it definitely is. I've found various music apps can give different results as well, take note of Poweramp for e.g; output volume can be muchly exceeded to the original maximum of the device.

Like you I'm also testing various things but as of yet still no solid luck.