Doubts to be cleared before flashing eu ROM

Rolfy

Members
Nov 14, 2021
Hi everybody,

I'm new here.
I've always been with Samsung, but got attracted by the mi 11 ultra, so I've decided to give it a go.
I've purchased a CN version one and I'm in the process of unlocking the bootloader and flash the eu ROM.
I really can not live with the CN version.
So, it's either I change the ROM or sell the phone.
If I change the ROM, I need to have peace of mind though.

Made my research but still have few doubts.
TWRP is the way to go, right?
I'm opting for the stable version. I know I will not get OTA updates, will I loose all data when flashing updates? Will I use fastboot?
Will eu ROM pass safetynet? (Netflix, banks, Google services in general?)
Will the unlocked bootloader couse any security problem to my device (i.e. hacking)? If so, how can I prevent them?
About warranty, I'm confused, some articles say I will loose it, some others say Xiaomi said I will not.

Thanks in advance to anybody that will reply to me.

When you unlock the bootloader it will format your phone, there is no way around this.
If you go weekly EU, it's Android 12, so no twrp currently works to update, so each updated version is a fastboot version. The stable EU is still A11, so when you first install it, you will push twrp with the process.
The EU shows your bootloader as open all though the phone acts as if it is closed, so no security issues, safety net passes and all banking and payment apps work but you may need to delete the unused twrp folder for some to install.
Updates for stable are still ota or manual but it uses twrp rather than stock recovery and as I said, weekly version updates are by fastboot. How I've answered any concerns.

Reactions: Jaro1975p and Rolfy
When you unlock the bootloader it will format your phone, there is no way around this.
If you go weekly EU, it's Android 12, so no twrp currently works to update, so each updated version is a fastboot version. The stable EU is still A11, so when you first install it, you will push twrp with the process.
The EU shows your bootloader as open all though the phone acts as if it is closed, so no security issues, safety net passes and all banking and payment apps work but you may need to delete the unused twrp folder for some to install.
Updates for stable are still ota or manual but it uses twrp rather than stock recovery and as I said, weekly version updates are by fastboot. How I've answered any concerns.
Thanks.

Reactions: Jaro1975p