Downgrade From Miui 8 To Miui 7

Mr.Tokich

Members
Feb 15, 2016
I installed MIUI 8 (MIUI 8 by xiaomi.eu, version 6.8.25) via TWRP and I dont like it. Battery drain, push notifications are late, battery saver app, new security... I tried downgrading it to MIUI 7 via TWRP, I made it, but nothing is working :/ NO SIM card, bugs, launcher is force quitting. Can someone please explain how can I downgrade it from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7 so that everything works again?

Can someone please explain how can I downgrade it from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7 so that everything works again?

Make app backup.
Place MIUI7 pack in memory.
Boot to TWRP.
Clear Cache, Dalvik Cache and System.
Install MIUI7.

Is there any danger of locking bootloader?

It's sure when you overwrite MIUI8 (but may also happen on my method). Althrough it's not big deal, just prepare unlock suite and continuously try to boot in into fastboot until success (if bootloader is locked on xiaomi.eu phone will shutdown immediately after boot, no matter OS, FB or recovery [althrought fastboot can be launched if you are lucky]).

Make app backup.
Place MIUI7 pack in memory.
Boot to TWRP.
Clear Cache, Dalvik Cache and System.
Install MIUI7.

That doesnt work man, please dont give advices for something you dont know about. If you downgrade from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7 via TWRP, lot of things dont work properly.

Last edited:
That doesnt work man, please dont give advices for something you dont know about. If you downgrade from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7 via TWRP, lot of things dont work properly.

I did it myself, lol. So don't say it doesn't work.

I did it also and it is possible ti downgrade from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7 via TWRP, but when I did it, lot of things didnt work properly, no SIM card recognized, launcher problems, lot of force close in settings, etc..

So you are basically saying that it is possible to simply downgrade MIUI 8 to MIUI 7 via TWRP and that everything should work flawlessly?

I did it also and it is possible ti downgrade from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7 via TWRP, but when I did it, lot of things didnt work properly, no SIM card recognized, launcher problems, lot of force close in settings, etc..

So you are basically saying that it is possible to simply downgrade MIUI 8 to MIUI 7 via TWRP and that everything should work flawlessly?

There is a big chance of bootloader blocking (at least I had this everytime) but it can be easily unlocked if you're patient enough. Are you sure you cleared the "System" and caches before installation? If you used last MIUI7 try 3-4 releases back. The last 7 also gave me lots of problems.

You Can check bootloader status any moment with console command, no problem unlocking if it's locked again. The main danger downgrading is bootlop, to avoid this i suggest to use miflash method and flash all. Is the most secure method to have a factory reset and a clean android system, without problems

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

hello guys. i tried to flash miui 7.3.1 on my redmi 3 pro via twrp. the problem was that i had miui 8.0.1.0 stable installed(which had some problems i didn't like). and now the phone is bricked.. i can just enter fastboot mode, but when i try to install an official global developer rom via miflash is doesn't work, it's flashing and it never ends flashing. do you think my bootloader got locked again?

hello guys. i tried to flash miui 7.3.1 on my redmi 3 pro via twrp. the problem was that i had miui 8.0.1.0 stable installed(which had some problems i didn't like). and now the phone is bricked.. i can just enter fastboot mode, but when i try to install an official global developer rom via miflash is doesn't work, it's flashing and it never ends flashing. do you think my bootloader got locked again?

Check it by mi unlock app. If locked unlock it and then reboot to TWRP