New DP/DPI Custom Settings resetted after reboot

Maik

Members
Dec 24, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra @ 22.1.5/6 + 22.1.13

Always DP/DPI Custom Settings resetted after reboot (back default 411)

For me, i´m using custom 551

You do understand that Developer options are intended for testing during development, right? It's not meant for end-users, nor is it guaranteed to persist after a reboot, especially such a setting that could cause a bootloop.

You do understand that Developer options are intended for testing during development, right? It's not meant for end-users, nor is it guaranteed to persist after a reboot, especially such a setting that could cause a bootloop.
Its also happening when using the included setting screen. Needs to be adjusted after reboot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-15-12-14-21-734_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-15-12-14-21-734_com.android.settings.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 566
Mi 11 Ultra user here, latest eu stable rom, Facing this issue. both for the developer DPI change option and normal settings display size option.
Both getting resetted after restars

Mi 11 Ultra user here, latest eu stable rom, Facing this issue. both for the developer DPI change option and normal settings display size option.
Both getting resetted after restars

I think it may very well not be a bug.
I changed also this setting on my 10T Lite and I noticed not all values are acceptable and I've to make by small increments.

For example (all values are made up):
You change custom DPI form stock value 384 to 412. You go back in to check and now it's at 400.
You change it to 412 again and now it's at 404.
Again and now it's at 408. You change it to 420 and it's at 412, and so on..

Subsequently, you change font size.
The system adapts screen's elements sizes and can, even, changes the already set DPI value.
Further more. You change the icon's size and the system resizes them.

Finally, you restart and you may notice a (larger or smaller) adjustment of some (or all) of the tweaked settings

Last edited:
I think it may very well not be a bug.
I changed also this setting on my 10T Lite and I noticed not all values are acceptable and I've to make by small increments.

For example (all values are made up):
You change custom DPI form stock value 384 to 412. You go back in to check and now it's at 400.
You change it to 412 again and now it's at 404.
Again and now it's at 408. You change it to 420 and it's at 412, and so on..

Subsequently, you change font size.
The system adapts screen's elements sizes and can, even, changes the already set DPI value.
Further more. You change the icon's size and the system resizes them.

Finally, you restart and you may notice a (larger or smaller) adjustment of some (or all) of the tweaked settings
In my last device, Mi 9, and before than Mi5, if I adjust the DPI, as you said the system will alter the values of font & screen size and DPI to a proper value. But it wont be way away from the value I sets. and then restarting the device wont make any reset in the values. But in mi 11 ultra, the values simple resets to system defaults, the DPI, font size, screen size all will be back to system default.

all the previous mobiles was on eu stable roms and had no such issues. So still think that its a bug.
By the way a magisk module to set the DPI to a particular value will be enough for me. still checking for that

Reactions: TuxLin