[DRM] Widevine L1 on Mi 9T

pfornaro

Members
May 4, 2018
Hello, everyone.

Could you please tell us which eu rom does have the support for Widevine L1 certification on Mi 9T, please?
You can check it through the app "DRM Info"

Thanks in advance.

Wondering the same. Can someone clarify? Or does it work the same for the Mi 9T like it does for the Mi 9?

Dont forget to download certificate
- Ensure you have connected to the Internet;
- Ensure at least one fingerprint enrolled;
- Go to Settings -> Lock screen & password -> Manage fingerprints -> Fingerprint payments -> Widevine (L1)

- Click "Certificate" button to download widevine certification key

Hello everyone.
I own a Mi 9T (International version of Redmi K20, which have a Global ROM) and when I was on stock ROM, Widevine L1 was available without any trouble. But I've switched today to xiaomi.eu and L1 disappeared in favour of L3.
So I think Widevine is included on Mi 9T and therefore not on K20, so that's why we couldn't find any certificates in the right section (because xeu rom is based under K20).

Hello everyone.
I own a Mi 9T (International version of Redmi K20, which have a Global ROM) and when I was on stock ROM, Widevine L1 was available without any trouble. But I've switched today to xiaomi.eu and L1 disappeared in favour of L3.
So I think Widevine is included on Mi 9T and therefore not on K20, so that's why we couldn't find any certificates in the right section (because xeu rom is based under K20).
Yeah but Xiaomi.eu's Mi 9 ROM is based on China too, however it does support Widevine certificate

Yeah but Xiaomi.eu's Mi 9 ROM is based on China too, however it does support Widevine certificate
Yes, but maybe something is added that makes xeu on Mi 9 compatible with Widevine L1. Hopefully, maybe the developers will add this in a future version for K20/Mi 9T?

Yes, but maybe something is added that makes xeu on Mi 9 compatible with Widevine L1. Hopefully, maybe the developers will add this in a future version for K20/Mi 9T?

Redmi K20 and K20 Pro released in India with Widevine L1. Hopefully, the devs can make use of that. Fingers crossed!