Invalid Duplicate system app (MIUI 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dailosrp

Members
Aug 11, 2018
Hello, I have a Redmi Note 3 Pro. Since I updated to 8.8.16 I have several system app duplicates. It does not allow me to uninstall them. Anybody can help me please?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-19-17-37-24-306_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-19-17-37-24-306_com.miui.home.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 691
Ik have the same issieu as what you have on my Mi 8. Duplicate system apps. The duplicate ones are updater, calculator, Mi Video, Scanner, Downloads and Wheater.

I have the same issue on 8.8.23 Redmi 4X with Mi Video, Notes, Scanner and Updater.

I have the same problem on mi mix 2 V8.8.23.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-26-19-59-42-123_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-26-19-59-42-123_com.miui.home.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 512
Redmi 3s German

Came from 8.8.9 to 8.8.23

Notices,Scanner,Updater are cloned, but they are not listed as cloned in the Settings.

Don't want to wipe Data, i loose all my datas, right?

I have gotten rid of the unwanted dual apps by simply restoring the TWRP backup of my data partition after having booted the new ROM (at least) once.

This on 3 different devices for several versions of eu ROMs now, with no ill effects at all.

Just another reason to always take a fresh TWRP backup before flashing a new ROM

Reactions: tunsfisch
I have gotten rid of the unwanted dual apps by simply restoring the TWRP backup of my data partition after having booted the new ROM (at least) once.

This on 3 different devices for several versions of eu ROMs now, with no ill effects at all.

Just another reason to always take a fresh TWRP backup before flashing a new ROM
If I make a Data backup via TWRP right now (with those dual apps), clean the Cache/Dalvik/Data, restore the Data backup, will it fix it?

Probably not, but I haven't tried that.
That's bad, as I did not make any backup before. I have only the Google Backup active.
I think the best idea would be wait till next update, check it if it will fix it and if not just do factory reset and pray to restore from G Backup what is needed. ;]

That's bad, as I did not make any backup before. I have only the Google Backup active.
I think the best idea would be wait till next update, check it if it will fix it and if not just do factory reset and pray to restore from G Backup what is needed. ;]

Well, you could try what you wanted to do.
All you have to lose us the few minutes it takes to try it.

I have no idea really why what I did works, but I'm guessing that the dual apps are created by a glitch in the new ROM that does something to the data partition only the first time it boots.

So after the first boot, you can restore your previous clean backup of the data partition without it being corrupted.

If I had had a backup from before I updated this version, I would give it a try. ;)

In my opinion the data partition should be completely independent from the system update process, please correct me if I'm wrong.
What is completely not understand by me, the dual apps are only some system ones which can't be disabled in Settings and I was even never ever before using this function. ;]

There is a simple way to fix the issue: you deactivate the dual applications that you have, you restart and they are no longer there. Now you can re-activate applications that you have duplicated

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Finally, we have the solution thanks to AnmaCopu.

Reactions: cobben
How can i deactivate the double system apps?
I have root. With Link2SD, Freeze the dual app, restart, refreeze, they come back double

How can i deactivate the double system apps?
I have root. With Link2SD, Freeze the dual app, restart, refreeze, they come back double

Read the thread, here are two methods that have worked for me.

If you did not have any dual apps of your own (like I had), and got the dual system apps anyway, maybe you could try creating some random dual app, and then remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.