Dutch Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Review

Velroij

Members
Oct 1, 2016
I know that I'm a new member here, but this is my first Xiaomi phone and I wrote a very long Dutch review about it. Which I like to share on this forum.

forum(dot)fok(dot)nl/topic/2323724/11/25#p165708559

I know that I'm a new member here, but this is my first Xiaomi phone and I wrote a very long Dutch review about it. Which I like to share on this forum.

forum(dot)fok(dot)nl/topic/2323724/11/25#p165708559

Good review! Ben het volledig met je eens ;) I like the looks even better then the new MI5s, but still might buy one before I leave China. Just for the better camera. Or maybe the original MI5.

Last edited:
Good review! Ben het volledig met je eens ;) I like the looks even better then the new MI5s, but still might buy one before I leave China. Just for the better camera. Or maybe the original MI5.
Yes you could do, just depends on your budget. But it would be easier if you visit a Mi Home store, than you can compare them side by side.

Personally I think however than the Redmi Note 4 is the better buy, as it's almost 50% cheaper. Especially when you wanna opt for the higher storage versions, with the Redmi Note 4 you can just extend it with an SD Card :D

I have already been to the MI store in Shanghai, there I have bought the Note 4. It is a great phone but I would like to have a better camera. I have looked at the MI5s already but I am not sure if it is really a big improvement over the old MI5. The new version misses OIS, and we still need to see tests about the new camera if it will be that much better. The old MI5 dropped in price to 1599 rmb. Personally for me the storage capacity of the phones are large enough already. It is all about better camera and i like the size of the MI5(s) too..

Actually I have read quite some stuff about these cameras, and it's always the camera department which is not as good as the competition :( So I'm not sure if a Xiaomi phone would be a wise choice if you care a lot about the camera, but I'm sure the MI5(s) will definitely have a better camera than the Redmi Note 4!

Or you could buy an Redmi Note 4 and with the money you save you can buy a good digital compact camera? Because camera's in phones are always lagging behind toy opinion, to bad Xiaomi doesn't offer compact camera's as that would be a great add to their assortment.

Actually I have read quite some stuff about these cameras, and it's always the camera department which is not as good as the competition :( So I'm not sure if a Xiaomi phone would be a wise choice if you care a lot about the camera, but I'm sure the MI5(s) will definitely have a better camera than the Redmi Note 4!

Or you could buy an Redmi Note 4 and with the money you save you can buy a good digital compact camera? Because camera's in phones are always lagging behind toy opinion, to bad Xiaomi doesn't offer compact camera's as that would be a great add to their assortment.

Thanks for the advice! I already have a good camera but I also want a phone with a decent camera. Xiaomi just released a m43 camera under the name XiaoJi. I will test the mi5s camera to see if it is much better. I am not expecting Iphone quality, but just decent overall performance.